Chapter 70

As everyone exited and the students were left alone, the tension seemed to slowly rise between them. For Izuku, being awkward with his friends was the last of his worries at that moment. He didn't know what he was thinking when he had asked for them to talk, but he figured that they might as well take advantage of the time that was given to them to clear things out. Except, the problem was that none of the three could hear him, let alone see him. And their five minutes were already running out.

Bakugou didn't really know how he was supposed to react. And judging by the expression of both Todoroki and Iida, neither of them knew how too. Upsetmindly, his eyes started scanning around the office, trying to spot the messy green hair that had come to be the most defying feature of the boy he grew up with. He felt disappointed when he didn't caught sight of it, completely ignorant to how much of a wishful thinking that was in the first place.

The silence between them, either caused by the fact that both parties were too shaken from what had happened, or by their inability to find the suitable words to say had started to drive Shinso crazy. And as the clock continued to tick, the sound being a painful reminder in the silence that they didn't have all day in front of them, the boy decided to intervene in hopes of speeding up the process. "The heroes were kind enough to give you time to talk things out between you. Are you going to waste it just like that!? Don't you have questions to ask!? Some explanations to give maybe!?". He turned to glance at Midoriya in his last statement, causing the boy to fixate his attention to the ground. Iida was quick to catch into that.

"Is that where he is standing?". His voice was uncharacteristically emotionless, something that had the general education student flinch, but nevertheless give a firm nod to the boy. The class representative steeled his expression as his eyes slowly moved to stare at that point. For him, it was nothing more than an empty space, along with many other that surrounded them. But, having the knowledge that someone was standing there made it far more important than the others. Iida let a sigh escape his lips, though his posture never relaxed.

"Why are you still hiding Midoriya?". The boy bit his lower lip, knowing that even if he gave an answer, his friend wouldn't hear him. The glass wearing student waited for a moment, as if he expected something to happen, something to change. He gritted his teeth after a while, a low growl escaping that if they weren't in such close proximity, Izuku wouldn't have heard. "Why didn't you tell us about it? What did you think, that we wouldn't understand? We are your friends, for God's sake! I'm sure you could have written us a letter! Or ask Shinso or Uraraka to tell us! But now that I think of it, you must have been the one who told them not to do so, right? Why? That's what I want to know from you. Didn't you see how much we suffered? Did you feel content seeing us suffer like that!? I know that's not you Midoriya! I know you must have had a good reason! So please, stop hiding and explain to me why you never told us! What could have gone through your brain to make you think that not telling us would be a good idea!".

Izuku whimpered, a chocked sob escaping his shielded lips as he tried to keep everything in. He was still facing the ground when he noticed the droplets of water fall and splash to the floor before quickly dissolving. When had he started to cry? He didn't know. Slowly moving his trembling hands, he went to touch his face, only then taking account of how drenched his cheeks were. He started brushing off the tears hopping to stop them from coming, but now that the faucet in his eyes has opened, it was impossible to turn it off. "I didn't mean to hurt you Iida, *sniff*, I promise I didn't!", he managed to choke out.

Shinso overlooked him in sympathy as he cried his heart out, feeling the need to get close and sooth the boy. But he knew it would be better if he was not to get in between them at the moment. That was something for them four to solve and he was only there to keep the conversation going.