Chapter 80

Many years ago...

The fulfillment Shota was feeling at that moment could not be easily described. As he jumped from roof top to roof top, overlooking the city below him, he felt as if he has succeeded on something. Because now, he was in the hero course, after spending a whole year struggling to prove his worth. He was an honorable member of class 2-A and he couldn't really ask for anything else. The air rushed through his head as he propelled himself forward with his capture weapon, shooting high in the sky and passing by his friend.

He was able to hear Oboro chuckle as he continued flying on top of his cloud, while gravity started to take over his body and he descended down again, gracefully landing at the railing of a roof before shooting off again. The blue haired boy glanced back at him, a toothy grin always present on his face. "You are getting better at moving around with that thing, aren't you Aizawa?", he said at him mockingly, not bothering to hide how impressed he really was from showing to his face. Shota had the time to only glance at him before groaning slightly and turning his attention in front of him.

Oboro's smile stretched even farther as he looked at him with half lidded eyes. "Still too slow to catch up to me though". This time, the black haired boy turn to glare at him as he wholeheartedly laughed, the cloud he was on shaking along with his in a worrying manner. Aizawa scoffed at his friend's antics, though he had to admit that the difference in speed was indeed big, if the distance between the two was any indication. And he was fully aware that his friend wasn't even going at him max speed.

"In contrast to you, I don't have a Quirk that I could use for transportation. I would like to see you try catch up to me without that little cloud of yours taking you around". Oboro slowed down so that he could now match the pace of his grumpy friend while furiously shaking his hand around. "No dude, are you serious!? There is no way I'm going up against you without my trusty cloud! I am not having a death wish!". His frantic outburst had Shota roll his eyes, a small smile spreading across his lips.

They went on with their patrol, silently thankful that in the part of the town they were assigned to be in charge of by His Purple Highness, nothing bad appeared to be happening. It was pretty quiet actually, maybe a bit too quiet, something that had Shota on edge. They had been going around for quite a while and signs of exhaustion had started to make themselves clear as they kept on moving around. Especially on Aizawa, who had been jumping around this whole time. He had been trying to concentrate on what was ahead of him, until Oboro pointed at something on the ground.

"Hey, Eraserhead, look! I think we have a fanclub!". He let his eyes avert toward that direction, sighing when he saw a bunch of school kids staring at them with wide eyes. He shook his head slightly, something that Oboro ignored as he kept on looking at the kids, smiling and waving at them. "Say, what would you say if we went down there to talk to them?". "Absolutely no way". Aizawa was quick to shut down his proposal. The other boy scoffed. "Man, why you have to be such a bummer!".

"I am not a 'bummer', I'm just trying to do my job. We are still on patrol, in case you forgot". "Yeah, but nothing is happening! And look at these kids! Come on, we will only stop for a little while. Just to talk to them and then we will get back on track!". Aizawa sighed once again. He landed on the roof of a building but this time made no move to continue forwards. Oboro stopped right by his side, descending so that they would be at the same height. The dark haired boy thought about it for a moment. It really wouldn't harm if they stopped for a while to talk with the kids, right?

He shook his head, knowing pretty well that if he didn't agree to what Oboro was suggesting, then he will have his friend complain about it for the rest of their patrol. And he wasn't looking forward to that. Furthermore, he thought that it would be a good chance for him to recover some strength because all this running was taking its toll on him. Reluctantly, he nodded. "Alright then, but only for a little while". The way Oboro's eyes sparkled the moment these words left his mouth was kind the spectacle as he rised into the air and shot to the direction that the elementary school stood. He followed closely behind, already regretting his decision.