Chapter 77

It took a while, but eventually Izuku managed to calm down the old lady. She had scoffed and then turned away from him to go and check on Uraraka. The poor boy just shook his head as his friend was trying to suppress down her giggles, caused by the comical interaction between him and the heroine. It was until Recovery Girls cane hit her that she immediately shut up.

And, it was only then that he noticed the presence of more people outside the room. They were all standing by the doorway, shoving each other out of the way in order to each be able to get a look inside while Iida scolded them for their behavior. They were creating kind of a huge commotion and he was really confused as to how was he able to not take notice of them until now. Recovery Girl on the other hand appeared hyper aware of their presence as she groaned every time they would get louder than they probably should.

After a while of checking Uraraka, the old lady finally nodded satisfied as she turned away from her and went to sit on her desk. "You seem to be doing great dear. One or two more days here and you will be free to go". She started scribbling something down to some papers of hers, while Uraraka and Izuku smiled happily at the news. Then, suddenly, the scribbling stopped and she sighed. Both students turned to look at her confused while she just flashed them an apologetic expression. "You can get in now".

And the moment these words left her mouth, all the students of class 1-A bursted through the door. Izuku realized that she might have asked them to stay outside until she was done with her check up, that's why no one dared to get in.

Soon, the room had turned into chaos, with everyone shouting and asking questions, some trying to ask Ochako about her condition and others just bombarding Izuku for answers. The poor duo were left unable to react to anything that was happening and the fact that Recovery Girl had now taken hold of her bag and leaving the room let them know they will get no support from her.

"MIDORIYA! This is a highly inappropriate behavior! I honestly never expected you to disobey our school's rules just like that! As a student who yourself have been unfortunate enough to end up in the infirmary, I would have guessed that you could understand the importance of the patient's rest! You must apologize to her at once!". The green haired boy sweat dropped at Iida's words, the mere volume of which was able to silence everyone else. Uraraka on the other side started waving her hands around, trying to calm down the class representative.

"There is no need for him to do that Iida! I promise you, Izuku was not bothering me at all! I was actually really glad that he came to visit". She whispered the last sentence, hoping for not many, even none, of their classmates to hear it. Either way, she blushed slightly and turned to look away while Izuku, having heard her, smiled brightly at her. What both failed to notice, though, was the way their classmates had frozen in spot, staring at the girl.

Surprised by the silence, but mainly the absence of any comments from her pink haired girl regarding what she had said, Uraraka looked at the confused. "Are you guys ok?". Izuku raised an eyebrow and turned to look at the rest of his friends in worry. "Hey, what's up?". Many flinched at the sound of his voice, probably having forgotten he was there. He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

Tsu, tried to avoid meeting eyes with her friend. Uraraka's attention focused on her, knowing very well how unusual it is for the girl to not say what's on her mind right away. She sighed. "W-we are j-just fine Ochako. It's just... your h-hand...". She momentary glanced at her friend bandaged arm before turning to look away once again.

Uraraka looked at her surprised, at first, before she realized she must have pulled her arm out of the blanket by accident at some point. She glanced away from her as well. "We were told what happened before we came here. Still, it feels different to see it with our own two eyes", said Momo. Todoroki sighed. "Either way, it's no use to feel sad about it now. What's done is done and we can't change it. So, instead of talking about it, why not tell us how are you feeling Uraraka".