Chapter 31

SHINSO'S POV

When I saw Mr Aizawa walking in the streets and talking to seemingly no one, I got pretty worried to say at least. That, was not like how I was used to see him act and furthermore, it was not normal. My curiosity had gotten the best of me and I had decided to go and follow him. I tried to stay as close as I could to him, in hopes of being able to hear more clear what he was talking about. I just hoped there was something behind it that I couldn't understand, because if not, that meant bad news for the teacher.

When we came face to face with each other, I asked for explanations. He wasn't too open at first to talk about whatever was happening, but then he said it. He told me that he could see Midoriya and that's when I lost it. He expected me to believe him, but he can't understand that what he says is impossible. If I had to guess, he is hallucinating. That was not good. I tried to make him go back to his dorm and sleep, talk to someone about how he feels but he kept saying that he was alright. Couldn't he understand how much it hurt me to see him like that?

He said that he had to go save some students of his class that run into trouble. I couldn't go against a pro and I knew I couldn't stop him. So, I followed, just to keep an eye out for him. All the way, I heard him talk nonsense, some things directed to not only me, but also a nonexistent person that I could only guess was 'Midoriya'. I was all the time on edge, ready to call someone else the minute I noticed something was terribly wrong and wasn't according what Eraserhead had told me.

However, when we reached a dumpster down in Hosu, not far away from where I have learned a big fight had happened, I was kind of shocked. This opened my eyes somewhat. I knew that things weren't as I initially thought. There was something else there that I couldn't quite understand as it seemed and I had to figure out. But first, I had to learn what had happened there. Because of course, there should have been a backstory that led to this destruction I saw in front of me.

I stared at the two hero course students, both of which I faintly remember from the sports festival as well as having saw them hang out with Midoriya. They were the only conscious at the moment, the other two being badly injured and passed out at the moment. I could say from the look in their faces that they were pretty upset, but for me to be able to help, I needed to know what was going on. So, I asked them and saw them both turn to my direction to stare at me.

The dual haired boy turned to look at the ground nearly immediately as his fists started to clench. I watched him curiously as he stood there oddly, until he finally took a deep breath and went on with explaining.

NO ONE'S POV

"It is all my fault. If I hadn't acted so selfish, nothing would have happened. I am an awful hero and friend" he whispered as he refused to make eye contact with anyone. Midoriya overlooked him sadly as Uraraka leaned forwards and touched his shoulder to calm him down. "No Todoroki, you are a great friend. Please, don't say that". The boy shook his head and let out a heavy sigh. "No, I am not. What kind of friend would put the only people that ever cared about him in danger. Look at Iida and Bakugou! Look how they ended up because of me! They diced right into the fight to protect me while the only thing I did was shout at them and act as a jerk. I don't deserve your friendship, I don't deserve anyone. I let down Midoriya. I am sure that now, he watches me and feels disgusted about what I have become".

"No Todoroki, of course not" said Izuku softly as he went and started to brush the other boy's hair. Uraraka watching this smiled, before he turned her attention back to the boy. "Todoroki, you knew Deku. Do you really think he would ever hate you? Do you think he would ever feel disgusted by any of his friends?" "No, of course not, I would never do something like that. What are you even thinking Shoto...". Tears started dropping from the dual colored haired boy's eyes, making their way to the ground, staining it with water drops. He started to brush his cheeks, in an attempt to stop hims8from crying but it was all in vain.