Chapter 38

Shocked, that's how Izuku felt when he heard the question escape Uraraka's lips. His mind went immediately blank after that, unable to process what had just happen. 'How does she knows, there is no way she knows, who could have-'. And then it struck him.

He felt the overpowering need to face-palm after that. He had been so caught up into venting his feelings out, that he completely forgot to whom he was talking to. And that had as a result to let his secret spill out.

Now, he knew that he hadn't revealed the whole thing about his quirk. Only the existence of the vestiges that he was able to see. But that was enough to make him to internally panic. When he had gotten the quirk, he was told about the only rule he would have to follow. A rule that according to All Might shouldn't at all costs not be followed.

He had promised that he would keep One for All and its abilities a secret from everyone, after all it was mainly for his own safety. He had been reminded multiple times about this fact and yet in less than a year, he had managed already to reveal it to another person.

First, it was Bakugou. It had been after he had defeated him in their first hero exercise that he had felt sympathy for the boy that had just lost. He had tried to reassure him about his abilities by telling him that the power he had miraculously obtained was 'borrowed'. Back then, Katsuki hadn't believed him, but after some events and putting some pieces together, he had managed to figure it out.

And this, was his second time he revealed something, though it was not so severe like when with the boy. That was something he could easily cover up with a lie, as he had done multiple times before, though he wasn't so sure if it would work that time. He could blame it all to his new ghost quirk, say that it was a new power he had awoken. It would have been a great cover, if Uraraka didn't know him as well as she does.

He had told her himself that while she is sleeping, he is training to control that quirk of his. Finding a new ability of it, which involved being able to talk with other ghost would have been something so big that there could have been no way he wouldn't have told her about it. And except from that, he really didn't like lying to her. Especially after she had said such kind words about him and his abilities.

He knew that if there was one person in this whole world he could trust, that would be Uraraka. She was his best friends after all and to his eyes, it seemed unfair that he hadn't told her about this for so long. To Izuku, she deserved to know the truth. Even if his mentor would have totally disagreed with that.

He sighed and raised slightly his head to look at her. Her eyes were focused on him and he could tell that she was expecting some kind of a believable answer to come from him. He didn't know how long it has been since he had been asked the question, after all he had been so deeply concentrated to his thoughts that he didn't even notice her piercing stare. Knowing himself, probably some time.

"Listen carefully to what I am going to tell you next Ochako, because it is very important that you do not, by any means, talk about this with anyone. Is this clear?". She looked at him confused for a moment, even taken aback by the seriousness of his tone. But either way, she nodded."Alright, I understand. I promise to keep whatever he say to me a secret".

That was all the reassurance he needed for him to start talking. And so, he began telling her about his past. His former Quirkless status, the way he was treated, his dreams and ambitions that were being crashed left and right. How he met All Might who regected him, only to later come back after having seen him act heroically and recognized his mistake. He told her about One for All and the true nature of his 'super strength' quirk. He explained to her about the successors that only now was he able to come in contact with and the fact of him getting their Quirks. He also spoke about how much he had trained to control that power and why he broke so many bones at the beginning.