Chapter 85

It wasn't long after that peculiar interaction, that Mr Shields decided to leave too. Of course, that was not before claiming that he will be expecting a phone call from the principal regarding when the project will start. And so, once goodbyes were exchanged and the door closed behind the inventor, All Might sighed. Izuku smiled happily at his mentor, before he directed his focus to Ochako, smile widening even further. It was hard for him to not show his happiness at the information they were given by Mr Shields. After all, that meant Uraraka would soon be able to return on doing heroics as if nothing had ever happened!

He chuckled slightly at his thought process. After all, something definitely had happened. But the idea of growing used to all these changes didn't scare him that much anymore. Especially if that meant he would have her by his side.

Uraraka's eyes also wondered toward his direction and for a moment the new couple locked eyes and shared smiles with each other. If it wasn't for Recovery Girl's rude interruption of getting in the way, Izuku was sure he would have gotten lost in her eyes. Of course, that was not a bad thing necessarily.

The old heroine carried on with the task the inventor had given her, getting a sample from Ochako's finger pads. For someone of her years of knowledge, the job was done nearly the moment that it started, leaving the student staring at her hand in wonder.

All Might, who had remained silent for a while turned his attention to his successor. He had hoped for a while now to talk with him regarding everything that had happened lately. Maybe even offer him some much needed guidance now that he had to deal with so many new Quirks. In his eyes, that was his perfect chance to approach the boy.

"Young Midoriya, do you think you can come with me to talk for a while?". Izuku turned his attention toward him curiously for a moment. To him, it was obvious that his mentor was hoping to have a conversation regarding One for All. After all, this was the way he had approached him countless of times when he was at the presence of someone that didn't know about the secret behind the quirk. What didn't seem right to him wasn't the fact that he was asking for them to talk alone, rather the fact that he was being so secretive about it.

Because, there wasn't really a reason to do so since he had told Ochako about it-

His eyes widen at that. 'Right, I never told All Might about this'. He awkwardly scratched his head, averting meeting eyes with the former hero. That had the man glance over him curiously, fully aware of that this behavior indicated for his successor. "Whats the matter young Midoriya?".

"Well, you see, there is something I haven't told you. It's regarding One for All...". Toshinori's eyes widen at that, his stare on the boy becoming more intense as he uttered the name of the quirk. From the corner of his vision, Izuku took notice of Uraraka turning to look at their direction and Yagi's eyes were immediately pined on her. "Young Midoriya, what are you saying?!", he said while motioning toward the girl. Ochako looked at both of the curiously.

Izuku sighed. "It's ok All Might, she already knows. This is actually what I had wanted to tell you. I might gave told her while we were still at the hospital after the fight with Dabi". Momentarily, the retired hero shook his head as a small groan escaped his mouth. Suddenly, Recovery Girls cane came flying towards Izuku and the boy watched as it passed through him once more and hit the wall. He shuddered at the cracking sound that followed the impact.

"You are very lucky that I can't hit you right now young man". All Might just sighed once again before he turned toward Ochako, who was now watching the interaction very aware of the fact that she too might get hit by a cane at any given moment. "So, I get that we have another person joining the people you have entrusted the secret at. There is really nothing that I can do about it. I trust young Midoriya judgment. So, if he decided to tell you, then that mean he trusts you too. I hope you understand how important is for this secret to be kept, right young Uraraka?".