Chapter 54

IZUKU'S POV

I really am a pathetic friend, aren't I? I always promise that I will protect those close to me and I end up doing more harm than good.

Why did I just stood there, watching as Shigaraki stood in front of her and was closing by dangerously? I thought that I shouldn't intersect until there was absolute need to. But he outsmarted us and decided to play dirty. Should have been expected from a villain.

I only had enough time to follow her inside the portal and into a small house somewhere in a forest. And I watched as they took her away into a dark room and tied her up into a stool. She had passed out during our teleportation. If I had to guess, she was probably overwhelmed.

Once they had secured her, Shigaraki had walked in with a syringe in his hand. I gazed at the liguid inside of it curiously as with one swift movement, he injected it into Uraraka. He chuckled darkly and walked away, closing the door he had let open before and so leaving only a bit of light inside this chamber.

I hurried to her side and started checking her around. I noticed that the rope had started to cut into her skin, grazing it slightly and drawing a bit of blood out. I sighed sadly and looked at her, pitying eyes focused on her scared face.

With my hand I brushed her hair, soothing her trembling self quietly. "It's alright, I'm here, it's alright". I kept on stealing glances at the door, the sound of footsteps coming from the other room always making me believe that they would burst in at any moment.

'I can't get you out alone Ochako. I'm so sorry. I can take them down, or at least try to, but it will be too dangerous with you being here. I can't risk you being send away in a desperate act of theirs'.

I brushed away the tears from her eyes, seeing as the dream she was having seemed to be becoming all the more worst. I started shaking her slightly, though she didn't show any signs of waking up. "Ochako", I called out for her. She flinched.

I looked at her taken aback. "Ochako, can you hear me?". More tears started to drop from her eyes. This time, she had flinched harder, almost as if she was trying to get away from me. I pulled my hands away and did a step back. She seemed to calm down a bit but the trembling never stopped.

"Are you scared of me?". The words came out of my mouth without me expecting it, but I waited to hear or see some kind of an answer to them. Tears filled now my own vision as she flinched again to the sound of my voice.

Slowly, I backed away from her, until my back touched the wall. I let myself plop down and stay there, watch her from a far as she struggles around with her own body in an attempt to move.

After what felt like an eternity of me watching her scream in agony and pain, the door was kicked open. Its wooden surface crashed into the cement wall with a loud crash, enough to scare any person who wasn't already on edge.

Shigaraki walked in again as I glanced at him. I saw him look at her examining her expression carefully before he smiled, as if he was content with what he was seeing. "What a beautiful sight to behold...", I heard him murmur. I went to stand up, my hand already back, ready to deliver a blow to the man. But I stopped myself. I couldn't let my cover be blown now. I had to wait for the heroes.

He took in a deep breath, filling his lugs with oxygen. And then, he shouted out loud, making my groan and block my ears with my hands. "WAKE UP YOU LITTLE B*TCH". Everything was silent for the moment, only the breaths of the other people in the room being faintly heard.

Slowly, Ochako's eyes started to open. She looked around her, examining confused the room she was in. She didn't see me, which was normal since the room wasn't lighted well enough. She tried to move, but she found her hands restrained from the ropes. I saw she started to panic, but that was until her eyes fell on Shigaraki.