Chapter 75

Comprehension of the situation they were in was kind of difficult when there was not solid evidence to support the other boys claims. And yet, the misteriously levitating controller in front of them, supposed to actually be held by someone from what they could gather, let more room for confusion, even if it was actually meant to do the opposite.

As Tsu's question was asked, there was a moment of absolute silence that followed. Some leaned in forwards, curiosity to see the answer getting the best of them. The controller was moved up and down, mimicking the movement of a nod. Izuku had had to take a moment to remind himself that he wasn't visible to everyone and that they couldn't see him nodding.

Some gasps echoed among the students, but there were still the one's that were kind of reluctant to accept the fact. Even in the superhuman world they lived in, the prospect of someone dying and then turning into a ghost sounded kind of surreal. Even if it was stated to have been a Quirk that led to this, developing a power so late in life, and further more a second one, was unheard of.

It hadn't been long since they were able to move on from their classmates unfortunate death. The least they needed right now was a reminder of the fact they tried to ignore. The fact that the boy wasn't among them any more. Tsu's eyes started tearing up as she tried to suppress a sob. Izuku was taken aback by it, as he started to internally panic, trying to find a way to calm down his friend. He mindlessly let the controller escape from his hands and fall to the ground, ignoring along with everyone else the screech that escaped from Kaminari at the sound of it hitting the floor.

Momo, always the logical one among them shook her head slightly. "Supposing that we believe what you state and this is actually Midoriya, is there a way for us to communicate with him? In my opinion, this will help us understand better the situation at hand". Many voiced their agreement as Asui started brushing her tears, oblivious to the worried eyes of the green haired boy. "I want to believe you guys. I truly do. I think that everyone here does. I understand that you are somehow able to talk with him. Would you mind sharing with us how to do so?".

The five boys looked at each other, unsure on how to answer. "You see, it's not really as easy to explain as you think. And the conditions under which we were able to see Midoriya are too strange that we still haven't figured out how it works. But...", Shinso trailed off as he turned to look away, starting to get embarrassed from all the attention he was receiving. "BUT WHAT!", screamed the majority of the class, who at this point were willing to do whatever it took to have a talk with their classmate again.

Bakugou, brought out a notebook from behind him and Izuku's eyes widen in recognition. An old, beat up notebook, burn marks over its cover and ink smugges all over it. In the corner, the number 13 was easily read by everyone which caused many gasps. "The nerd can still use a pencil. So he will write you his answers since you can't hear him".

Bakugou had hardly finished talking before the notebook was snatched from his hands, with Izuku standing further away from him and quickly scanning over its pages. Iida, who was standing closer to the explosive blond at the time turned to look at him surprised. "I can't believe that you actually went to his room and took his notebook. How long have you had it with you?". He groaned slightly, before answering back at the class representative. "Since the first day. Me and that book have kind of a.... history. It reminded me of him so I wanted to keep it". A small smile graced the boys lips as Iida nodded, before he turned back to look at his green haired friend.

At this point, Izuku had finished scanning through the content of his hero analysis book and was now staring at an empty page of it, a pencil already at his hand and the soft sound of scribbling filling the silence. It had been long since he had stopped using that notebook to write down analysis, presumably around the time it had been damaged during his Junior High School days. He had given up writing on it after that and had chosen to continue taking notes into a new one, which was in a better condition that this. And so, that made the 'number 13' notebook one of the very few that still had blank pages in it. It actually felt kind of nostalgic to write on it once again.