Chapter 73

"I know we have talked about this before, but are you sure you want to do this Midoriya? If you don't feel comfortable we can always wait for another day". Izuku smiled at hearing how concerned his friend appeared to be. He shook his head slightly as he watched Todoroki start searching through his pocket for the keys. "It's quite alright Iida, you don't need to worry. This is something that must be done and now is the perfect time for it. All of you have suffered enough because of my insecurities. I think it's time to finally face my fears and reveal myself to everyone".

Iida sighed to that, seeing that there wasn't really something that he could say to change his mind. Suddenly, a hand touched the green haired boys shoulder and he turned around, coming face to face with Shinso. "Just so you know Midoriya, having insecurities and fears isn't something bad. I'm sure everyone will understand once you explain". Izuku nodded. "I sure hope so. Though, I'm quite of unsure of how am I gonna do all this". He scratched his head awkwardly, the other four sweat dropping at that.

Todoroki shook his head, being the first to recollect himself. "Just leave it to us. We would tell the others and then we will see what we can do to make them see you". Bakugou groaned, folding both of his hands in front of his chest. "Yeah nerd. No need to worry". The characteristic grin on his face after he finished talking was the only reassurence he needed to know that the boy meant what he was saying. And, as he thanked all of them for their help, Todoroki had finally managed to fish his keys out and was now opening the door.

As it opened, light came pouring out of the common room, momentaly blinding all of them. The class representative felt kind of irritated at that, since the light was some kind of indication that someone was still awake even after curfew. And, as they walked in, him ready to scroll whoever was still down, he was surprised to find the whole class present, their heads curiously turned toward their direction. Iida was just left hanging there, not knowing if should scroll all of them or actually be thankful for all of them being there because it gave them the perfect opportunity. Izuku appeared to think the same way as him if he had to judge by the grin in his face.

"What are you all doing here?". Even if he was not going to scroll them, his curiosity was getting the best of him. After all, for some of them, staying awake at that time was unusual. Kirishima started scratching the back of his head from his seat in the couch, averting making eye contact with any of them. "It just got late and you hadn't came back yet. So, we kind of started to worry about you four".

Many agreeing nods followed the statement and some eye rolls, coming especially from the girls, targeted to the boys. Bakugou wouldn't admit it but he felt touched at how much they all cared. Though, he wouldn't allow something like that to show. "You needn't have worried about us you extras! No one stands a chance against me!". His words were followed by a few chuckles and remarks from his classmates, which the explosive boy shut up pretty quickly. "Same as ever", Izuku said, a small smile adoring his features. That earned him a glare from Bakugou, but nothing more that that. He just sighed and decided not to mess with him.

Asui put her finger on her chin, imitating a thinking position before saying, "You took quite a while for being in a lesson...". The five boys exchanged looks between them, quietly asking each other how to answer this question. Shinso eyed the clock, taking into account just how long they had been gone. They sure couldn't cover it with just Mr Aizawa having them finish everything on one go. But, in the end, they had been also tasked with telling the class about Uraraka's condition. Much to their misfortune, of course. And now, they didn't have their homeroom teacher there to take control of the situation.

Todoroki sighed. He sweared Mr Aizawa decided that he wasn't going to get involved when it most mattered and preferred to watch them struggle. "That's because we weren't really in a study session. It was a cover up story. We went to a meeting along with a couple of heroes". He had said it, just like that. They needed to get this over with as soon as they could. His stoic expression left no room for anyone to doubt him. And so their classmates were just left to look at them wordlessly.