🏀 High-shelf: Kiyoshi Teppei

The round table in the common room of the mixed dormitory provided a view in the kitchen, enough to see what the ingredients on the shelf where the ingredients were- and what was good enough to be turned into a meal when their allowances were to the last note. Riko was always at the head of the counter with her arms cross sighing at Teppei and Junpei arguing over cooking a budget-friendly meal to get by or a healthy one.

They could never have both.

But Kiyoshi would always try to get it in their heads to budget properly so they could eat lavishly until the end of the month- and still be the last one to get hot-headed when Hyuga blocked his arguments by calling him his weird high school nickname. Or middle school- the details always varied when they were at their limits.

Sometimes- when (Y/n) wasn't passed out face-down in her bed, she'd have the privilege to watch the three play Masterchef while Mitobe was in the kitchen and only faced the stove while he reached out for ingredients he had memorised.

The stories taking place in the kitchen was comical enough every passing day to be compiled and then drawn in a manga- with more than five volumes.

Today would've been the start of Kiyoshi and (Y/n)'s romance slice of life manga hadn't Hyuga forgotten his wallet and ruined their moment.

It started when (Y/n) was ready to take her afternoon nap after a shower, waddling in the common hall with the blanket wrapped around her to make a cup of whatever Hyuga didn't drink yet. As long as it was warm, she didn't mind.

She chose not to join Kiyoshi, seeing that he was busy with highlighters surrounding him and his textbook. For a gentle giant like him, she accepted the fact that he'd be the on to continuously listen to something like Renai circulation or those cutesy songs- not the vkei music booming through his headphones.

But it was also him who treated his notes like basketballs once h transferred them to his iPad, crumpling them in balls and then aiming for the wastebasket.

"What the fuck?" Fate teased her and reminded her that Hyuga had a horrible habit of putting things up on the shelf. And today, he also put out all the chairs for their paint to dry- who even repaints wood chairs. She had nowhere to stand on, and she wasn't going to stand on the counter to risk it.

Unless . . .

Kiyoshi yawned and shivered at the cool air touching his sweat-soaked ears. He decided that after being slouched on his chair for so long, it was time he gave himself a break.

"Teeeh-peh," (Y/n) pouted from the kitchen, her unstyled bangs making her look like a desperate puppy. A compliment. And to describe how adorable she was.

He understood. As awkward as he was, he apologised to her as he walked to the shelf. He was apologising for something he had nothing to do with, how can you not love this guy?

"You still have exams?"

"Advance reading- she told us to expect the unexpected. It's either an exam or she calls us in front of the class. What about you?"

Her body knew how to answer a question- to open your mouth and maybe come up with bullshit of an answer depending on the answer.

But her mind.

It turned off as quick as a power outage when he was already next to her, reaching out the box of teabags. Of course, he wore axe, but when it was someone like him- and when it wafted trough her nose- she could die oh so happily. And he was the only thing she smelled in a kitchen with a rack full of spices. 

And his build.

Under that incredibly thin shirt.

It rendered her speechless, even bringing a strong flush to her face. Like the perverts in the train, she admitted that she was shamelessly looking at him that very brief moment. From the outline of his side profile with his perfect adam's apple, then his neck. His torsi disappeared into his shirt and then-

"Oh god," her breath hitched tearing her eyes away. She couldn't dare herself to look up the exposed part of his torso.

"Haha," he placed the box atop her head."You're really tiny compared to me!"

Without his presence of mind to think about the consequences of his actions, only amused that she was fun-sized like Hyuga's re-ments, Kiyoshi bent down. Bopped her nose with the tip of his finger, and then pecked her cheek.

Only when (Y/n) looked at him paralysed did he pull away, colliding his back with the microwave. He was as wide-eyed as her. "I'm sorry!" His tone raising when pain seeped in with guilt.

"Teppei, are you okay?"

"I-I just wanted to see how it felt like to kiss your cheek-I'm sorry!"

"Oh-but," her eyes scanned the room as if someone was there. No one would be home on a Saturday afternoon. Then she shook off the hair on her face and smiled.

"Kiss me then," she demanded with a pout, standing on her tiptoes.

"What?"

"I liked it," "I want to feel them here next," she shrugged her shoulders, cocked her head to the side. The final touch was to make her eyes feign innocence. "I want to feel your lips against mine this time."

----

"How can you forget your wallet?" Hyuga's ear would've torn itself if it could with how Koganei guilt-tripped him when they started walking back from the station. At least Mitobe only used his hands to talk-even if it was about him.

"I'll be quick, you guys wait here!"

"Ah! Can you get my umbrella, it's somewhere in the living room,"

"Gotcha"

With only his mind his focused on his wallet by his bedside, it didn't register in his and that Kiyoshi and (Y/n) were in the kitchen enjoying each other. Her shoulders held in place while Kiyoshi peppered kisses all over her while she giggled.

"Yoo! Kiyoshi, you-" Hyuga called out emerging from his room to ask about Koganei's umbrella.

(Y/n)'s head was thrown back to expose her neck for a new round of kisses with a rub of his scruff, arms snaked around Kiyoshi's bent body to pull her closer."Ah- when . . . why?" 

She thought she left a cracked window open when she felt a hush of humid wind creep up her back. "Hold on," she mumbled, pulling away from him. "Uh . . ."

"We didn't see you there?"

"When did you get back?"

It was an awkward stare-off between Junpei and the two. It only reached a peak of silent awkwardness when he ran off with the two pressed against each other engraved in his mind.

"Who would put the tea up there anyway, right?"