🏀 Hangout: Aomine Daiki

Summer.

It's hot.

It's annoyingly humid.

And also boring.

He already juiced out all his entertainment. Heh, juiced out. All of his porn magazines had a great deal of use. But it was all too much, and now he can't stand seeing another magazine insight.

Momoi was with her parents on all their business trips, enjoying life. For the first time, she wasn't dragging him around anywhere by his ear. And the last thing Sakurai told him was that he was going to be tending to a farm.

Kagami was out of the country, so calling him to play one on one was already out of his list of possible plans. Murasakibara was pigging out in his family's bakery. Kuroko and Midorima stuck together- surprisingly so- attending conferences and talks. He'd call Kise over, but cameras followed him everywhere his face turned. And as for Akashi, it seemed as though he disappeared in a sea of shogi competitions even before summer break started.

In his seventeen years of existence, he admitted out loud while his mother scolded him as she made him slice ingredients that he'd rather go to school than stay at home and sleep. He couldn't relax in their recliner without being yelled at to buy onions at the vegetable store. It was worse when his grandmother made him buy her- whatever she wanted to waste her pension money on.

"Why do I have to do everything now?"

"Unless you have somewhere to be, you're helping us around the house."

He threw a discrete glare at his father, staring aimlessly at the tv still in his police officer's uniform. "Whatever," he huffed, forcing himself off the couch.

They made him their personal lapdog, running errands as soon as the previous one was finished. They made him go to the convenience store so much that he could probably go there with a blindfold tied around him.

Deciding that he'd go the long way home, he caught sight of [Y/n] outside her house's front yard. Pretending to swing his bag of groceries, he snuck glances at her. There was a pile of manga by her feet and a red portable radio playing 80's songs. 'She doesn't look bored at all.'

When she looked up for a brief moment, she smiled at him.

Other than the sudden leap of his heart, an idea so good that he thought wouldn't occur to him snapped. 'You can go out unless you have somewhere to be. Heheheh,' he almost laughed if the summer heat hadn't squeezed him dry of his energy.

----

"So . . . " Her two ponytails swung along when she averted her gaze from the window to him. "Where do you plan to go?"

He was enjoying every second of the train going further and further away from his house. She enjoyed the hangout hee initiated despite it being out of the blue. He even went the extra mile to ask her parent's permission. Then he remembered how he had used her as his cover-up to get out of his home.

It made him guilty to see how innocently she looked at him. 'And her face is turning red, damn it, the heat's probably getting to her.'

'He is looking at me. Don't blush. Don't blush. And my face is burning, can't I be normal for once?'

"I called you here, why don't you pick?"

"No, you pick. You initiated this. I'm fine with anything."

"But you're . . . my guest."

"We're not in a house, Dai-chan."

He groaned. 'Females.' He remembered about all of the stores Momoi dragged him to look at in the next station. "You wanna look at perfume?"

"You can go in there, I'll wait." She smiled apologetically, "I sneeze a lot when I smell perfume for too long."

"Shoes?"

"I- you need a pair of new shoes, Aomine-kun?"

He sighed aggravatingly. "Do you like eating? No, you know what we're winging this shit. We have until ten p.m."

'Oh my god, I'm spending time with him.'

----

"There's a reason why Imayoshi-kun and I never went to the movies again," she panted when they were out- no, pushed out of the cinema hall by a crowd of disgusting and overly affectionate couples.

"You two dated or something?" He asked, gushing over how her messy ponytail suited her more.

"Nah," disgust and amusement underlying in her answer. "We have similar interests. I take computers apart for the fun of it and senpai programmes them." It took her by surprise when his hand flew up to the crown of her head.

"Like what you did with my mine, right?"

"Mhm," she nodded with a smile. The bright lights of a row of photobooths caught her attention. "Hey, you wanna take a purikura there? We're here in Harajuku anyway."

--

"Don't they look great?" She squealed, eyes glazed over the freshly printed pictures, he had an arm behind her as he guided the two of them under the orange-turning sky. Aomine looked around for something to amuse them next. "Don't you wanna keep one for memory's sake?"

"Nah, mom might even throw it out when she sees one of those in my room."

"What about a scrapbook? Don't you have one?"

"As sexist I may sound, it's what you girls are good at. I don't see myself spending my time over that stuff."

"Or maybe I'm just sentimental." She countered. They came to an abrupt stop. He stopped when she stopped to admire the huge dakimakura displayed outside the arcade.

"You want that?"

"What?"

"That- that pillow, do you want that?"

"What would you if I said yes?"

Wanting to look cool, he grabbed her wrist and went straight in the arcade. "As long as there's a basketball game I can win you as much as you want."

Allowing her to be pulled by him, she let her mouth hang open. His back looked so . . . muscular. She smiled. "Maybe I am sentimental for wanting this moment to last forever."