🏀Those people are rich: Takao Kazunari & Midorima Shintaro

Hi, NIck here!

I miss updating this book, but worry not. I'm getting back to publishing normally once I'm phased out of my AoT 'writing spell' (a lot of fanfics are coming your way, also requests are open).

Also, so many things have happened like Thank you so, so much. I mean, only a few more reads and I'm hitting 100k reads

And there's a story from this book that I'm planning to rewrite, the chapter outlining's done and all.

Thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

-Begin-

"Eh!" Quickly (Y/n) backed away with a disgusted look, holding onto her utensils, when Takao's torso was over the table. Hands supporting him as he inspected her plate.

"You only eat the yellow parts?"

"The yolk?" She too looked down with her plate a different view with Shintaro, beside her, looking down too. The whites of three hard-boiled eggs sat untouched on the plate. All hallowed out and cleaned off the yolk.

"Mm," He brought up his fork in question.

"If you sit down, you can have all of them." she happily brought her plate up and put it in his. Ignoring what Shinatro would-always- say next after observing with such a concerned look.

"Do kids from abroad really eat weird- it's a genuine question, I'm not mocking you. Could be a double-edged sword." He asked with a hitch of glasses.

Still, instead of eating they all looked down to observe her plate sectioned with bowls. Two bowls of rice. Soup and noodles. It wasn't bland per se. Rather . . . childlike and void of actual taste. "I'm still getting used to the food here, as much as I want to be a glutton, I'd rather risk my health for another wave of food poisoning. Why do you ask?"

"And do you really spend that much?" Again, Midorima neer missed. Pointing at the name of the restaurant printed on the plate. An organic place claiming to be all authentic and locally produced.

He was always amazed that (Y/n) cleaned her tray and a bowl of ingredients she picked out would sit. Calling for Takao who happily obliged in eating her leftovers with a feigned expression of refusing it.

'Don't be too concerned, it's her money.' He'd remind himself. But it bothered him when she almost chucked out the inside of her baozi after stripping the white bread surrounding it.Also eating an egg white she refused to eat as part of her sandwich in morning classes they sat in together.

After that incident, Shintaro fell victim- no, he was like Takao. Saving Japan from food waste.

"But-" of course Takao wouldn't let her live down the embarrassment of eating like a child down. Speaking up when he had something to annoy her with."-when I was out of allowance and you were craving for milktea," He swallowed his food. Coughing to speak in a raised tone, imitating her." 'But I asked you to come with me and not buy me one', then you ordered two of the most expensive ones"

"She doesn't speak like that." Briefly, she thought Shintaro would defend her. "Her R's and L's are more defined and her A's make her sound more like a foreigner."

"Oh," grudgingly, she began to eat again.

"A compliment, nanodayo. Takes a whole new level to sound foreign in your mother tongue"

"BAHAHAHA!" Takao paled when she looked through her eyebrows, stopping him immediately. "A backhanded compliment then? Since you can shed a few yen, dessert?" He suggested on behalf of him and Shintaro, who threatened Takao for joking about it earlier.

"Sure. As long as I can pick."

"Hai hai. By the way, what kind of money are you? Old money or new money?"

"You don't ask people that, Takao!" He flung a napkin across the table, hitting his shoulder blade. "Not another word."

"I guess foreign exchange rate money then?" And the clueless foreigner in sheep's clothing answered willingly.

To them it was another lunch day at the family mall across theirs, tolerating each other. No. Tolerating Takao. And then switching to making fun of (Y/n). They didn't notice the table far away from theirs with the same group dynamic as theirs. Consisting of girls from the nation's public university across theirs.

Watching them with awe. Seeing all the things they wanted being casually used and torn.

"You see those guys?" Inori pointed with her head for Miya to see. She was like (Y/n), hailing from a quiet village, still adjusting to the city and its web of norms."They're from Hideyoshi U."

"The rich people college!

"University." Takezo corrected. Checking to see if they were the trio with a tired greenhead herding them. "Guess that's why I see them here every day."

"Look at them carry themselves. Even their postures say they have money. Her bag must've cost half our tuition if we paid for it."

'Kazu! Guess where I got this bag?'

'I'd rather you tell me.'

'I found it in my mom's closet, looked expensive.'

'OF COURSE, IT IS, NANDAYO! It's Christian Dior!'

'Who?'

'I always thought it was Christian's door.'

"And he carries his laptop around like it's nothing." Takezo envied how carefree he just set his MacBook on the greasy table of the food court. Like it wouldn't fall or be spilt on.

Silence as they ate. Their heads permanently sideways, looking at them living life. Only wishing they were born into the same lives of privilege.

"Kazu, Shin. Wait stop."

"Nani?"

"Hmm?"

"If we're getting dessert-" she pointed to the milktea store, ignoring the sketchy owner and his friends smoking and pointed to the red flag with yellow letters. "Why don't we agree on a flavour in those one-litre cups. And get three straw?"

They only saw how rich they looked. Not the side of them stretching their weekly allowance to be full.

"Shin-chan's getting a green-straw!"

"Shut up!"

-----

Oddly specific, but this was my uni life before the global panini.