🏀Cute: Kagami Taiga

When he picked up his basketball to play, he didn't just play. It was his way of venting his frustrations out.

Angry? Just dribble the ball harder. Maybe piss Aomine off until he gives in to a one on one match Satsuki's bound to break with her voice.

Feeling low? Just ring Kuroko or Himuro, and over tossing the ball at each other, they'd talk it out.

So why can't he get over the face that twisted his heart in so many ways in that brief moment of meeting her? Even after playing four straight rounds and an earful from his coach, he just couldn't force himself to forget her. They remained strangers after that brief moment in their lives.

Their fates just happened to collide at the same time when they boarded a crowded bus on the way home. Poor guy, Intimidating when he never said a word back to the day of being a student. Now, in his adult life, he regretted giving up a seat for a girl.

If hadn't done so, then he wouldn't remember such a face looking up at him so shamelessly, immersed in tracing the lines of his tattoos.

But if he ever had to admit. If there was- If there was a knife at his throat, he'd say it out loud. "She was cute."

"Cute's a word used for kids. You a paedophile now too, huh?" Snarked Aomine to break him out of his trance.

Anger getting to him, he growled and threw the ball aimed at his stomach.

-The night it happened-

When you become a college student, money is the second thing to make you happy. The first, she learnt it after a month of breaking out the safety of her parents' house. It was finding a seat on the bus or train. Sitting on a vehicle taking her to where she had to be was pure bliss. And watching everyone suffer and look so longingly at the seated passengers brought greater bliss to her.

Sadist.

Though, there no greater truth to it. It was fun to end the day just sitting on the bus.

Hugging her backpack, she stood beside- "He looks like those basketball players. His hair looks dyed, too." She observed how his kneecaps touched the opposite chair, and from then on played a game of how tall he may be. Though her game of 'guess how long this stranger's legs maybe' was cut short when his head bumped against the hard surface of her backpack. It was hard enough to steal the pleasure brought by his nap.

Looking around with bleary eyes in search of whoever owned that bag only to see (Y/n) close her eyes as a new crowd of commuters came in, going against those who got down to their stops.

"You can take my seat!" He hastily hugged his backpack, flexing his muscles in front of her as he stood up, making way for her.

"Th-Thank you very!" She smiled, sneaking a glance at him, wanting to see how he looked like when his eyes were open and- 'Damn, he looks fine.' Shamelessly following the lines of his body, so allured that she wanted to draw him then and there, her head rested atop her backpack.

Then she saw it.

Rich black ink peaking out the sleeve of his t-shirt, she followed the intricate lines dawn so beautifully on a tan canvas. She's always had a fascination for tattoos, choosing to ogle at them than swallow her fear and get one for herself. For tonight it was enough that she admired his tattoos, and imagine the story behind those.

Though unbeknownst to her, she left an imprint of a young maiden staring at him so innocently in Kagami's mind. An image that would haunt him at night when he tried to drift to slumber.

-On another day-

There was a cafe in the junction of a street. One owned by a family. One that slowly expanded as time flowed. It built a second floor when more people arrived in Tokyo for the purpose of work. And as university students from all backgrounds came, their doors opened wider.

National Players taking a break at the gyms hung out. Some brought their girlfriends for a quick date.

And students occupied the third floor, claiming it as theirs because of the green ambience.

Right now, on the third floor beside the windows acting as walls, Kagami and Aomine enjoyed their daily cup of coffee accompanied by sandwiches no ordinary person would even imagine ordering.

"So," Aomine concluded, "there's no harm in asking out a college student as long as their an adult." Already disgusted at his womanizer of a friend's 'advice', Kagami's fingers felt stone cold when he followed with, "Besides they're plenty of fun to play with."

"No," came Kagami's displeased answer. He will not risk his career and a hard-earned reputation for a mere girl for a few nights. The scandals and faux apologies that came with it. Just NO. He'll leave all that to Aomine who excelled in that area other than basketball.

"Prude," he snickered, slinging his bag over his shoulder, "But if you change your mind I can hook you up with one from-"

"NEVER!"

Waving, Aomine's 'See ya later,' was thrown in the trash. Like a curtain revealing a performer, Aomine revealed that his maiden (Y/n) was haunched over her laptop and noted, switching her attention between the two of them.

No, she wasn't acting that she saw him and now acted busy to look snub. She was too busy that she forgot telling the staff that she'd order her usual after she set her things down. Work consumed her entire being.

"It's now or never, Kagami-kun."

"ACK! Kuroko?!" Behind him was his former teammate- now a teacher. A preschool teacher at that, waiting for Momoi- his wife. "What are you doing here?"

"Watching you let go of an opportunity of talking to her."

Pushed to the corner of aggravation, Kagami gathered his things with furrowed eyebrows. "Fine!" He accepted a challenge that wasn't even explained in words. But spoke in Kuroko's silence. His cap covered the half of his face, using the very little courage he gathered to march up to her.

In his twenty-seven years of living, he realised that he only had a pair when it came to basketball. Anything outside a brawl, he was still a wimp. "Excuse me," came a yell, not a soft or gentleman like 'excuse me' at all. It was enough that he looked like he was ready for a fistfight at the alleyway.

But to sound like he was initiating it in front of someone so delicate, was worse.

Kuroko's discreet snicker teacher his ears, sending cold shivers down at his back.

However, the amount of work isolated her from everyone's reality. And yes, that included making her deaf without the need for earphones. He stood longer there, waiting for her to notice her presence.

'Fuck this.' He pulled the chair across her, pushing harder on its feet to make it screech. Loud enough for her ears to perk up. "You finally looked up," he wore a smile of triumph. "Can I buy you a coffee?"

"I remember you!" She exclaimed, eyes widening in delight!