🏀One Day I'll regret meeting you: Haizaki Shougo

Seating arrangement in her hands, she tore her eyes off and asked, "Do you guys know, Haizaki Shougo? He's my seatmate."

"You haven't met him?" Asked Yumi, eyes so full of question.

Who wouldn't know Haizaki?

Hana swiped her phone, looking for pictures of him. "I think he was the first year who threw a fit during their game." She sowed her phone, arm stretched over the table of desserts. "See, The type to think he's cool cause he's got dreads."

"Ah, cultural appropriation," she sighed, reaching for the cafe's menu. "Should I be cautious of this Haizaki dude or what?"

"With someone like you, he sure would have limits," Yumi stated. "Can we talk about something else? We only get to meet after every school, isn't that so sad?"

When Hana and Yumi's conversation drifted to the bitches of their class, (Y/n)'s mind wandered to the place where a line of scenarios played every time she interacted or met a person of the opposite sex.

What would he be like as a . . .

. . . boyfriend?

----

On the third day of the second week, the door slammed open hard and loud enough to disrupt the peace they had before classes began. "Where's my seat?" He demanded when he saw nameplated atop the table.

His poor victim pointed to the very back of the room, face absent of colour. In heavy silence, everyone tried to return to doing their homework, avoiding Haizaki's examining look on them. But he was just so arrogant, and with stories of what he did during the winter cup intimidated them.

"Morning guys," came the aura that washed away the one he brought along after he settled with his legs outstretched and phone in hand, texting his fling. The way (Y/n)'s laughed as she told the story of how she ran into their classmates at the station and convinced them to get McDonald's for breakfast.

But he paid no mind, as long as he wasn't her seatm- She bade her friends goodbye and ran to him. "Hey, are you Haizaki Shougo?"

He glared. She was immovable. And gestured to his nameplate. "Haizaki Shougo, nice to finally know you, I'm next to you."

She sat down, looking at him, and then remembering to pull out the worksheets she kept aside for him in her bag. "You're also my partner in for most of our projects, so here."

The grip around his phone loosened, taken back at how happy she was. She wasn't smiling, but that bubble around her irked him. It was protecting her from being affected by the demeanour he used to push everyone away from him.

Wasn't she aware that he was in a place where everyone had him but had no choice but to tolerate him?

She sat down, opening up her paper bag. "You want one?" She asked, offering him a hashbrown. "Or do you want a sip of my coffee?"

'Who is this girl?' He thought, almost disgusted at how she told the world that she was happy without even smiling.

---

She was annoyingly convenient to push away, reminding him of his work when he the thought of cutting class entered his mind. Not once did he anger her, fearing what was behind the mask made up kindness.

He was already scared that of how her kindness radiated with creepiness.

"(L/n), you have-"

"I only have blue and black, here."