🏀 "No": Kiyoshi Teppei/Riko Aida

Setting:

-Soon after high school graduation, you disappeared to abroad (Or wherever to make this story more dramatic.)

-When you make your return, you are far from everyone's memory of you. You 'changed'.

---

Riko's eyes darted around the room, her attention dipped in and out from nervousness and excitement. This company was -according to Momoi one of the best planners, earning their name from celebrity and political events. On one hand, she was excited that her dream wedding would come true with their help.

And the other, she was scared that her budget couldn't catch up with her dream.

"Psst, the budget isn't our problem," Teppei reassured, noticing how shakey her hands were.

"We look like we don't belong here." She countered. She lowered her voice, sitting properly when she saw the planner coming near the meeting table.

"Hi, I've seen your colour palette." Adria smiled, pulling a chair for her. "Both of you are sports coaches, is it?"

"For the national team."

"Oh, even so. I didn't expect your tastes to be very refined. We have a base, unlike our other clients. Again," she bowed, "Thank you very much for choosing our agency. I'm very impressed, Miss Aida."

Kiyoshi laughed to clear the air between them. "Like they said, leave everything to the bride to be."

"Such a gentleman," she wheeled in a whiteboard, getting her markers ready. "Although nudes in a garden wedding, it can blend in rather than complement."

Fifteen minutes in, Kiyoshi was torn about feeling guilty for not involving himself in the two's planning. He justified sitting quietly on the chair and only nodding along as 'one of those of days'.

Riko's ever so bossy and have-my-way-and-my-way-only has been out since they settled to talk about their wedding. And slowly, he dreaded coming home to a shared house where he'd only hear ideas upon ideas rather than asking how his day was.

Whatever atmosphere the low air conditioning and jazz music playing created, it was abruptly interrupted. Intimidated wasn't the word. Whoever that person was, it was someone who'd make heads turn everywhere they went.

"Watcha planning there, Adria?" Came (Y/n)'s playful voice, crossing her arms behind the couple. "School event? Reunion?"

She was wearing red, matching the aura she was giving off. And her hair tied up, meaning business. "(L/n) (Y/n)!" Exclaimed Riko in a shrill voice.

(Y/n) only smiled. Cringing in the inside. The very person who picked on her at every opportunity now pretended to be someone close to her. As if they were fond of each other when back then, she treated every day as if it was competition.

"A wedding, miss (Y/n)." Adria barely looked at her boss, taking her bag and pulling out a chair for her. "A garden wedding in September."

She feigned concern, "With a nude colour palette. Do you want a bland wedding?"

"It's only a small wedding-" Kiyoshi cut in. Her feigned surprise washed off to real astonishment.

"Tepp- Ahem. Kiyoshi-san." She greeted, scanning both their faces. "So you two have been together since . . . ?"

"The last year of high school-"

"And we're tying the knot now."

"You're former classmates, miss?" Asked Adria.

"We were classmates, nothing more than that really." She smiled, turning away. "You can trust Adria with the wedding. Right, Adria?"

"Yes, ma'am," though Adria wasn't going to let her boss leave peacefully. having enough audacity to say, "Our boss is really in demand with celebrities these days. They even fly her out to different countries. She's that good!" With a wide smile on her face.

---

Appproving designs and proposals provided the comfort of sitting in her office with her shoes of and letting plates of food piles high enough to hide her. Though no matter what playlist she blasts on her sound system, she still isn't in touch with reality.

It didn't bother her that Riko was in the very same building, breathing the same air as her. She could see Riko anywhere in Tokyo, and she wouldn't give a single layer of a fuck. Rather it was who Riko was going to get married to.

Kiyoshi Teppei.

"Two-faced bastard son of a bitch." She let the slow spin of her chair lull her to an afternoon nap.

"Ms. (L/n)-"

"YO!"

Both Kunimi and Adria walked in, hauling their paperwork. "Miss (Y/n)," Adria's tone suddenly begged. "I'm not the one to ever leave my project or throw to someone, you know that. But can you please assign Aida to someone else."

Over the paper she was pretending to read, (Y/n)'s eyes narrowed. "She's insufferable, isn't she?"

"I could you hear you two from the other room," chuckled Kunimi, teasing her with his shoulder.

"It's not like I don't want to do my job, but it's clients like her who love finding scapegoats when thing don't go her way. We're always on the receiving line. Miss (Yn)?"

"I put myself through college to provide paid services. Not for tacky people like her."

Kunimi joined in, already drinking before lunch. "You don't seem very fond of them, boss."

"The bride- thought she was all that because she managed the basketball team back in the day."

"The groom seems like a nice guy."

"Nice enough to be a pushover." (Y/n) rolled her eyes, leaning forward. "We were kind of friends. Even now."

---

"How brave of you to come here, Teppei." She sighed, key in hand. "What brings you here after last night? The nerve of you to leave me in the morning and come into my building."

He joined her in the genkan, sitting by her side. "I came here to end things, (Y/n). I'm getting married."

Her eyes were cast down on her heels. She was made a foo lout of herself. She thought that Kiyoshi- though that Kiyoshi came to her to apologise for something they've done in high school and slowly fell in love with her during the past eight months.

Only for her to realise that she was his escape from a tasteless relationship.

"(Y/n)?"

"Don't go." She ordered, shrugging her blazer off.

"Ha? Riko's waiting for me."

"She can have her dinner by herself one last time." She straddled him, pushing her chest to him. "One more night, Teppei."

She guided his hands to let him have his way with her, her lips leaving stains across his face. When his needs controlled him, blinding his mind, she stood pleading him to the bathroom. "Why would you let yourself go back to a sad relationship, hmm?"