🏀 Minor Inconveniences: Kise Ryouta

"Find my passport-" it wasn't even lost, to begin with. Just held by the management. "I have four visas-" Nothing special about that, anyone can get a visa, baka.

And no matter how much she wanted to say something else, all she did was force her lips to stretch a smile. "Sir, let's just please sit. We will do everything to sort it through."

It was always the ground attendants who suffered delayed and cancelled flights. If she could only say that along with the power travel agents had, they couldn't control the weather. There were experienced passengers who agreed to wait while they arranged the hotels they were supposed to be in. Whilst, passengers like him were only an annoyance. Using his experience to make them feel his superiority.

'You're only a passenger.' She would say to remind herself of the very little sanity she had left. 'And maybe an asshole, too.'

It's been four hours past their boarding.

And her fiancee's only two hours away from landing.

Seems like she wouldn't be welcoming him at the gate.

"Miss?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Can you please check my father's blood pressure?"

She crouched down and grabbed the stethoscope, calling for her colleague. In this given time, just like any other delays before, there was no place in her mind to be thinking about dinner or anything else.

---

"YAHO! (Y/N)!" Called Kise across the parking lot, where he was shamelessly sitting on the hood with his meal.

"Ryouta!" She hissed, heels clicking louder when she brisked through the parking lot. "You waited for me!" She had no more energy left to yell to match his excitement. Definitely not the reunion she fantasized, but at least he was home in one piece.

"Of course I did. You have the list?"

"List?"

"Grocery store and then I was thinking why don't we wat out just for tonight."

"Aren't you tired, Ryou?"

"Nah, you dealt with people. I just had to fly them to where they need to be."

"That's still eight hours!"

He chuckled, kissing her forehead for reassurance. "I did not deal with people."

"And old assholes. And children."

"And children," he let her sleep as he drove to their favourite grocery store, already thinking off things to do while he was in Japan for the week.

----

"RYOUTA!" She screeched, kicking him off the bed the moment he landed. "WHAT THE HELL!"

"I FINISHED LAUNDRY AND LUNCH!" He bounced back, proud of what he's done.

"AS YOU SHOULD!" And to hurt his pride, even more, she snatched any stray blankets from him. "Shut up, I'm still sleeping."

"At least they respect me up in the air." He whined, hugging her legs to wail.

Who was it that was harder to tolerate again?

This one-shot was inspired by my parents' relationship. Dad always did the housework no matter how tired he was from work. His reason, being tired from work is nothing compared to that of his wife.