Behind the scenes: Haizaki Shougo

Every move and every statement, even with no intent behind it, was counted as a cry for attention or was sometimes called a publicity stunt. They had no choice. It was their lives. Lives that they couldn't run away from. 

A life where they roamed around freely but was confined to acting like robots. One wrong mistake and there they go. Back to the drawing.

It's just what happens when one is born into a family of celebrities.

And to add salt to the wounds, one of Japan's greatest performers.

The door to her dressing room squeaked open. "Hey, [Y/n]," greeted her childhood friend. Another victim of the endless cycle of expectations and embarrassment. He threw down his script on the table and found himself plopping at the end of her abnormally long chair. "I'm through with acting with no passion."

She watched him succumb to slumber as she stirred her tea. With an eyebrow raised and a quick glance at the title page of her script. "What ticked you off now?"

"Fucking directors want me to keep playing the protagonist. I turn down one role and many more come running to me." Ungrateful as he may sound, it was true. Many actors would fight for his position right now, but e had his own reasons, "THEIR ALL THE SAME PLOT! A FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL ROMANCE!" Sighing, he fell on her couch. Tired.

"For once let me be an asshole instead of a pushover. But, Noo. Playing a role like that-"

"Will lead to disappointment with not mine, but also your parents." She finished in monotone. Followed with a sigh. "Honestly, we're in our early twenties yet they give us teenage roles."

Cracking an eye open, he looked at her. "That script of yours, did they approve it yet?"

Smiling to herself she leaned back and looked out the window of their agency's building that overlooked the old row of schools, "Grandpa said that I could use any of the old schools he bought for the first episode. But," her shoulders slumped down, "The budget's too little to even cover basic talent fees so I'll be venturing out to cast new faces for myself."

"Classic." He said. It was almost tradition, if not, then culture for celebrity families to treat the younger member of their family as if they belonged to the lowest of the low. Then snatch all of the credit away when they surpassed them.

If they ever surpassed them.

He caught the script hurled at him when he sat up. "Have you made your mind up yet?"

It was only last night that she called him, begging him to be the music director for her project. He'd comply to her, after all, she's had his back all their lives. But the problem was,

"I told you I don't have experience. I  mean, I can play instruments. Maybe I can ask mom to-"

"Shougo," she crossed her legs, now looking at him with an eyebrow raised. Now, she meant business. "You directed an orchestra."

'Crap' he was nowhere near from escaping her. Or from beating around the bush. She found out what he did at his sister's wedding. 

"I want to help, but," he was scared. Yet his eyes shone with determination. "Fine. I'll help you in whatever way I can."

Years of growing up under the lenses gave them something more than attention. Worse than attention. Insecurities and anxiety. Everyone in their school only approached them when they thought they had a chance at ever having an offer for a role come knocking on their door. No matter what the school was, public or private, it was all the same. And years of people betraying them gifted the two with a skill of reading emotions just by simply looking at them in the eyes.

Sadly, she only needed one hand to count the times when the emotions in their eyes were genuine and not fake. 

"I'm casting people tomorrow at a small talent agency, You can come if you want."

"Really?" Then he grew skeptical of her. "You're putting out your name out already?"

"I wouldn't call publishing light novels and directing the same story under two different aliases as putting myself out there."

"What are you trying to prove, [Y/n]?"

"That I can be much better than my family. And I'll do it without putting myself out there."

Perplexed, he walked to the table in front of her. "I'm stealing that goal of yours then." He declared, in a fraud arrogant tone. "Thank you for putting it in words."

She only smiled, holding up her teacup up to him. Her mind was already somewhere, creating scripts and scenarios. She could only anticipate what can happen with the right amount of support and teamwork.

"Thank you, Shougo, really."