II: 'Free spirits'

Here's chapter two of 'Trophy Wife'

I tried writing out of my comfort zone, and it terrified me. Albeit at the end of the chapter, it felt amazing.

Enjoy reading!

wordcount: 1675

----

She was nearly blind if it weren't for her poor attempts of taming her unruly hair as she dragged her bag across the floor. Her signature mesh cardigan that stood her out of the building acted like her blanket. This was a norm for the seniors in the senior building of her school now. Some of her juniors copied her and her teachers already gave up and let her be. After all, her style of clothing often hid away the fact that she was the school's prodigies.

On some days, she'd attend school with a lolita twist on her uniform. On some days, she'd come in looking sophisticated and elegant. Even if they won't admit it, her way of altering the school uniform garnered attention from middle school students, thus her school grew in number. And on days, like right now, she'd look like she came out from an underground visual kei concert.  Those days meant that the basketball team was practicing and marching toward victory.

When she entered her class, she made her way to the seat beside the window. And then, took a nap.

Yoshinaga Hitomi, Yoshinaga [Y/n]'s daughter, a third-year student at only sixteen years. Lost among the sea of eighteen-year-olds who she thought had their mind in pieces. And to make matters worse, she was put in a class of people who dressed according to their intelligence. She looked like a delinquent among them. An unbeatable delinquent in academics and on the court. Those who despised her hated the fact that someone like her was associated with class 3-A and she made it worse, adding salt to their wounds.

She was exempted from class exams and projects. They allowed her to read during class and much worse, take naps. She had the nerve to show up and read manga at the back of the class while they wrote their re-tests.

"Hey, Hitomi are you alright there?"

"I can't feel my feet or face."

She spoke only when asked, but when she did it was always the truth. She was almost a wallflower if it weren't for her team captain making an effort to convince her to join the basketball club.

--

"Hey, Hitomi." She shrieked, out of pain and surprise when she felt her captain's hand land on her shoulder. She dropped her basketball on the floor with a pitiful sounding 'thud'. Again, a norm for the basketball team.

"I'm sorry about that. Listen, Nationals."

"It's in three months, Cap." She cut off, picking up the ball. "What about it?"

"Well, the team agreed to it. You and Kirin are excused. We need to train to catch up with your paces."

Kise Kirin, Kise Ryouta's daughter. It was obvious that when he passed on his skills to his children she was the one who got it the most. Her father, Kise Ryouta a former basketball player himself was now a pilot.

As for Hitomi, she'd always tell her captain, "Senpai, I'm just an average player. I don't know who i got this from."

"It's a talent you were born with." her coach would always add.

And then she'll add, "Yeah, that. Mom's a tailor, maybe my so-called sorry excuse of a father was a basketball player."

"You can practice by yourself, Hitomi." Dismissed both her captain and coach.