💙For Her: Haizaki Shougo

WORD COUNT: 716

Joining a gang, known for their sinful looks rather than fighting off cases the pathetic cops never took into consideration, after high school was something he never regretted.

In fact it was something he had always dreamed of. It was what he wanted to do after high school. He wanted to be like his father, but he never wanted to fall into the traps of the police force. He never wanted to do anything with the corrupt police force who did nothing but wipe bank accounts clean while hiding behind a facade called 'social heroes'.

"Boss there's been another report."

Dragging another cigarette, he nodded for him to continue.

"Three children and wife, sir."

He sighed, he never understood the intention of barbaric husbands taking out their anger out on their children and wives. "What measure have you taken?"

It was always him who got to decide whether to 'eliminate' them or not.

---

He never regretted the path he chose after high school until he saw her walk into his territory wearing a prestigious university's uniform. He saw a real life doll the first time he laid eyes on her. Although she was just like any other college student: Stressed, worried and sleep deprived, he never understood why he had an urge to follow her around town. Always remembering to keep a reasonable distance between them so that he wouldn't be called a stalker.

And just like any other day he was walking around town with a revolver resting against his hip. It was already late at night and he really didn't expect 'her' to be outside.

Her being [Y/n].

As he walked around he couldn't help but wipe his smirk off his face, knowing that he pissed off the leader of the rival gang's leader.

"NO PLEASE!" Shouted a terrified voice in a nearby alleyway, followed by empty threats that hid behind a knife. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, but still ran to where the voice came from. To the alleyway where it reeked of food scraps and urine.

His eyes met wet orbs, pleading for any type of help to come to her. He wasn't even surprised when he saw the gang leader he pissed off that day smirking behind her.

And that gang leader was non other than the Zurui Yuu. [OC]

"Surrender the properties or your girlfriend dies."

"I don't even know her," he spat, taking small steps towards him. A plan already in mind.

"I don't even know his name. Please . . . Please let me go home safe." He was amazed at her ability to speak even when she a knife pressed up against her neck. He felt the horrible truth squeeze his heart into a painful feeling he couldn't describe.

She meant the world to him and yet she didn't know him.

Zurui's smirk grew wider. "So it appears. All that you've been doing was stalking her . . ." Haizaki blocked out everything he was saying and focused on hr safety.

She didn't know what would the outcome of the mess she was pulled into, so she just shut her eyes and allowed the tears to fall freely. One after another.

A yell and a gunshot.

Soon the arm around her waist loosened and the sharp knife against her neck fell to the ground with a 'clang'. Reluctantly opening her eyes she saw an outline of her savior holding a smoking gun in the dark.

"Thank you very, very much for saving me."

She smiled before she blacked out.

---

He had never regretted anything that has happened to his life after high school . . . until he met a girl younger than him.

He had no college degree or an 'acceptable' sounding job to impress a girl who had high standards. He was a gang leader for crying out loud.

It's almost a year since his gang took over the late Zurui's gang. Nearly a year since he saved her from him.

And he did everything just to erase her from his memory. Alcohol, prostitutes. ANYTHING just to get of [Y/n] out of his mind.

All he did was follow her around town and she was already targeted. He wondered what her life would be if the two of them dated. Ever dated.

So he stopped following her. Because to him her safety mattered to him more than his feelings.

Even if it hurt him inside, he'd still do anything in secret for her.

---

You are truly amazing for reading my stories.

Thank you so much for taking your time of the day in reading my stories.

Double updates, YAY!