Together: Kagami Taiga

"Where is he going?" He heard his teammates ask Himuro as soon as he dashed off to find a taxi. After Himuro assured Kagami that he'd retrieve his bags for him and told him to go ahead, he couldn't control his heart anymore. 

He remembered her plans of working at the airport. However, in a sea full of ground attendants, he couldn't find her face. It worried him even more.

But he still had hope.

He found the taxi impractical and expensive. His long legs took him to the train station. His backpack and duffle bag in tow.

The sun chased away purple with blue when he arrived in her area. He had no time to admire the rice fields that welcomed the people living in the prefecture and its tourists. He dashed forward with her smile on his mind. The weight of his bags was nothing compared to him at all.

And after two years of his fast-paced life, he was relieved when he saw that the only change in her house was the number of plants surrounding it. Slowing down, his brain finally returned to his brain. He began worrying about his appearance. What if he looked more like a beggar than a professional athlete? What if he smelled horribly of sweat.

Clearing his thought away with a violent shake of his head, he stood up straight. It looked as if he was walking on the court instead of to a house.

"Good morning," he bowed to who he assumed was her father. Now that he thought about it, he never met her father. "Is [Y/n] still around her?"

At the mention of their only daughter's name both her parents stiffened while her siblings only snickered. They bade their farewells and broke into a sprint, racing to get to the station first already wrinkling their ironed uniforms. From the doorway, her mother smiled at him.

"Are you a friend of hers?"

"She's at work, you can return later." Said her father as he rode past Kagami. From the tone of his voice and the look that matched with it, Kagami already knew that her father wasn't fond of him.

"I'm very sorry to disturb you, ma'am." 

"I'll tell her to just call you. I that alright-"

"GOOD MORNING, DEAR MOTHER OF MINE!" Snapping his head at that voice, his heart nearly dropped. 

There she was walking ever so elegantly. Her hair out of its tight bun. When she took her blazer off, he fawned over her even more. She looked beautiful as a ground attendant.

"[Y/n]!" Calling out her name, heh earned her attention. He reluctantly set his bags down. He wanted to envelop her in a hug. 

Stopping dead in her tracks, her mouth hanging open. Astonishment was written across her face as she looked back and forth at him and her mother. When he saw her mother enthusiastically nod at the corner of his eye, she turned back to Kagami. 

"Hello, Taiga." Her tone quivered. She was unsure at first until she yelled, "YOU'RE HERE!"

For a brief moment, he saw tears glisten in her eyes before she lunged herself at him. He lifted her off the ground, holding her close to him. She pulled her face away from his shoulder, looked at him while she cradled his face in her hands. "You're here." She peppered his face with kisses. Something she wanted to do for so long.

When she waddled in with a massive futon meant for guests, it looked as if it grew limbs of its own. "Mom said you can sleep on the floor beside my bed." Her voice was muffled behind the futon. As she assembled his futon she failed to notice the giant teddy bear sitting beside Kagami. He watched her with such serenity. No words could ever describe what the two of them felt.

"And done, oh!"

"It's for you." Moving away from her bed, he laid down on the futon with his arms underneath his head. Her back faced him as she kneeled beside her bed, admiring the soft peach-scented bear.

"Thank you very much, Taiga." When he opened his eyes he saw her chest coming into view. He thought that she'd  . . . strip for him, only to be giddier when she shyly pecked his forehead. His arm darted out to tackle her by her waist. And when her cheek landed against his chest, he refused to let go of her.

"You don't do that to your long distance boyfriend now, do you?"

"Bold of you to assume such . . . fuckery." She gave in to his warmth.

"Well," he cleared his throat. His fatigue began to affect his voice and speaking. It went deeper and became lazier.

And honestly, she found it  . . . sexy.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, Taiga." She answered without a single thought.

She closed her eyes, wanting to say more.

For now the warmth he was giving off was enough to lull her to sleep..