💙Emergency Room: Kiyoshi Teppei

He cried in pain every time he accidentally moved his knee on the stretcher they carried him on. The medical staff who passed by him threw him pitiful looks, imagining how unbearable his pain must've been. Not like looks are gonna help him at all.

Out of all the days he had to be injured it was on the day where they had a game. A game they trained hard for and planned to win.

They never expected Hanamiya playing like a sore loser. And even the referees didn't do much about it since they didn't see it with their own eyes.

Much to his dismay, he overheard nurses and doctors discuss the possibilities of him never playing again.

---

It was a performance for god's sake!

It could've happened when business executives and ambassador's weren't watching her.

It could've happened during practice.

IT COULD'VE HAPPENED TO SOMEOne ELSE!

But maybe it was also a sign. A sign that told her to stop pacing around on stage as she played her instrument.

She could've endured the fact that she broke an arm. But her weight was enough to break her viola in half.

A musician's nightmare.

---

"Your arm may take longer to heal than we expected. But with the right treatment, you can go back to performing soon."

"How soon is that?"

"About six months."

"Thank you very much." She nodded awkwardly. The doctor walked to the other side of the emergency ward. Without much to entertain herself with, she followed his way and saw a teen across the room. A cast around his leg and suspended mid-air.

'I wonder what happened to him.'

---

"My name's [L/n] [Y/n]." She spoke rather loudly to get his attention. She scooted at the edge of her bed.

Thinking that he wasn't the one she was talking to, he hesitantly turned around. "I'm Kiyoshi Teppei" He smiled when vibrant eyes stared right back at him. He was more than relieved to know that she was talking to him rather than the old man behind the curtains.

"What happened?" She asked, leaning on the bed's frame. "I mean, your injury. You don't look good yourself."

His eyebrows furrowed and his shoulders slumped down.

"The opposing played violently. One command From their captain and they started playing . . . bad."

She didn't understand why he had an optimistic tone when he talked about the reason for his injury.

"What about you. What happened to you?" He asked, thinking that she'd be open as he was.

She shied away from the question and averted her gaze away from him. His tone when he asked her was clear of any malicious intentions. So she answered.

"I fell off the stage and broke my violin in half. I think a few of its pieces stabbed me. I also cracked one of my kneecaps, scraped my hands and got a concussion in the process." The tone that she answered in told him that he shouldn't go any further.

"So . . . you play football?" She asked.

"Basketball," he corrected.

A blush covered spread over her cheeks. She was up close to a school basketball player. They were the type of boy she and her orchestra mates would fawn over during breaks. And even some of them had crushes on them.

"Wow . . ." she breathed.

---

"YOU GUYS!" Kiyoshi smiled, walking to the table where his old basketball team sat. His eyes held so much happiness when he saw his old high school team together again. Even Riko was there. "How are you doing?" He asked. Even if they did keep in contact after graduation, seeing each other physically again was something they rarely did.

Hyuga's eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"Oi, Tesshin." He barked, his nerve popping when he realized that his friend was still an airhead after all the years. He pointed an accusing finger at him. "WHO IS SHE? I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS A REUNION."

"Excuse me?" Gasped the girl Kiyoshi held close to him. His hand on her waist.

"Ano, everyone, I want you to meet my fiance. She's a musician, [L/n] [Y/n]." He introduced, pulling out a chair for her to sit down.

She knew first meetings were awkward.

She prepared for that.

But she wasn't prepared for the worst.

Their questions were all out of the ordinary. And they weren't something you're supposed to ask someone who you've just met. Their confidence to ask such questions amazed her other than their personalities.

"To tell you the truth," she began. "At night he lays down beside me . . . " they grew silent. Could it be that she was going to reveal a side they thought he'd never had? Perhaps the dirty side of their beloved teammate?

"He tells me that Hanamiya injured him so that he could be sent to the medical room."

"Eh?" All of them realized that she was exactly like him. An airhead who made no sense at all.

"If it weren't for the emergency room I wouldn't have met her at all."

She nodded happily, her curly ponytail bouncing up and down. At least she looked cute. "Mhm, falling off the stage and almost sacrificing my music career was almost worth it."

They all sighed audibly.

They expected it from Kiyoshi, but from his fiancee. And the fact that she looked like a rich and snobby spoiled brat made it even worse.

"Well," Riko smiled. "Welcome to our basketball family."

Kiyoshi was in his own world of happiness, until . . .

"Tch, Tesshin." Hyuga snarled. "I knew that you wouldn't tell us anything, Tesshin."

Kiyoshi was thrown off when Hyuga excessively used his title. "Shut up." He warned.

Soon he lost his composure when Hyuga asked him senseless questions ending 'Tesshin'. And thus their bickering like old times.

"He called him a Tesshin and then (te) she (sshi) ran. away." Izuki snickered, breaking out in a fit of giggles along with Koganei and Mitobe.

"[L/n]-san, I'm a fan of your violin composition, can you please sign this for me?"

Turning around she thought she heard someone say her name. She shrieked when she realized that a ghost-like person with blue hair had been sitting next to her the whole time.