Don't let them meet: Kise Ryouta- Haikyuu crossover

wordcount: 2657

"Is there something wrong with me?" She grumbled when her older brother shamelessly kicked the door to her room to waltz in. The ends of his shirt stained with green paint. Plopping down on the edge of the bed, by instinct, her feet found its way to his lap and allowed herself to all back on the comfort of her mattress. "I can't wait to go to college."

"You're quite the hormonal one today, eh? A nice round of volleyball might cool that temper of yours-" He was cut off with a pillow thrown at him like a basketball being dunked. "What's bothering you so much, [Y/n]-chan?" He asked when the pillow fell from his face.

Then she huffed, "There's a boy in my class."

He didn't let her finish when he said, "OOH IS MY SISTER EXPERIENCING LOVE?"

"GO DIE!" She yelled, hurling another throw pillow toward his direction. Huffing again, she ignored his painful whine and set herself back down on the bed. "My blood boils whenever I'm with him, and he's aggravating."

Seeing the state she was in when she talked about him started to bother Tooru now. "Does he tease you?"

"He teases me for almost anything and everything. I tie my hair up in a bun like always, he calls me nun, fucking idiot. I prefer wearing stockings and long sleeves, he calls me a conservative. Like, he in his sorry lifetime hasn't entered a church-"

Oikawa craned his neck to look at the row of nail polish she had displayed on her shelves. 'True'. He thought. [Y/n] always preferred having her body covered despite the weather Japan had. No, she wasn't ashamed of her body at all. She just didn't want to be involved with the side of the school where the boys hitched up everyone's skirts. Or oversexualised exposed limbs.

"Why don't you design something?" It was a tactic that their father came up with whenever she returned fuming from school. Teach the kid basic math. Give them a ruler and a pen. Layout a blueprint. BAM! They'll get out of your hair in a minute, somewhere designing the latest 'death trap'.

It was a  . . . coping mechanism she carried on until she turned into a high schooler. Her designs of objects started having electrical currents and water involved. "I already did," she retorted with a triumph smile, pointing her big toe at the rolls of blueprints tucked in her bin.

Rather than encouraging her, he felt the blood drain from his face. "You- . . . you wanna kill him that badly?"

"Why not? I've already imagined it plenty of times."

Alone in class, she sat quietly while her pen dancing atop the pages of her journal made noise. An idea that she couldn't allow drifting away came on to her the moment she sat down. So, when Kise arrived from an early modelling shoot with plans to taunt her in mind, she was lost in her own mind to notice him. Even when he agonizingly pulled his chair back, making it screech on purpose. Much to his dismay all of his futile attempts went to waste.

When fifteen students of the class of thirty arrived, she was finally done. Tired of how much her brain processed. Her poor hand couldn't keep up with her speed at all. She turned both hands together.

"Wunderbar," she sighed at the ink-stained fingertips, sarcasm dripping in every syllable.

When Kise finally heard her speak up, his head perked up in excitement. "Nice manicure . . . [Y/n]-cchi. Though black really isn't your colour."

Disappointed that she was unbothered with him as she cleaned her nails with a wet-wipe, he got up and walked to her table. Then with a loud slam, both his hands were on either side of her. "Good morning, [Y/n]-cchi," he greeted in a maniacal tone when she looked up at him shocked.