IV: 'Gomenasai, Hitomi'

LAST CHAPTER FOR THE STORY!

Word count: 1572

----

WINTER CUP FINALS

NOETSU ACADEMY vs. SHUTOKU HIGHSCHOOL

Fumiko: Captain, Centre

Etsuko: Vice-Captain, Point Guard

Akane: Power Forward

Kirin: Small Forward

Hitomi: Shooting guard

"So, my dad's here as one of the guests, huh?" Kirin said when she noticed Kise still in his uniform, sitting alongside the miracles. They were the guests of honor.

  "Rumours say those guests will be giving scholarships straight from their pockets." Added their captain.

"Those are very much true," Kirin confirmed. She lifted up a finger, discreetly pointing at them. "That's Aomine Daiki, the current highest paid basketball player. Though, he's already a millionaire since he's a business tycoon. Akashi Seijuro, the head of all the private companies. He buys companies when they piss him off. And of course my father, Kise Ryouta a former model, now a pilot. He married mom- "

"Enoya-san, a linguistics professor right? She teaches French, right?" Emiko asked.

"Yea, I still don't know what mom saw in him."

"What about that guy?" Asked the first year. "The one with green hair and a mini Buddha statue. What's up with his hands?"

"That's Midorima Shintaro." Hitomi's shoulders tensed upon hearing that name. She threw a towel over her head, something she discovered when she was desperate for comfort and needed to calm down, and turned to look at him. Not with a glare or anything at all. 'Wasn't he the guy with Takao-san in the convenience store? How can he be my father?'

Though his daughter wasn't looking at him with anger he felt embarrassed to even try and muster a smile for her. She was looking at him, eyes absent of emotion, yet somehow that scared him even more. She made sure she rolled her eyes in front of him before looking away.

It was exactly one month ago today that [Y/n] 'broke the news to her.' He tried to contact her, try to act like a father she wanted. However, her mixed feelings overwhelmed her to a point she couldn't understand herself and comprehend anything.

"And he's our family doctor." Kirin finished. She wondered how she'd tell Kirin about all this.

"Why aren't the third years playing?" Wondered the opposing team. "It's only a court full of first years against us."

"It's embarrassing how they're scoring more than us."

Hitomi smirked. 'Assholes, this is why Shutoku lost their place. We focus on team effort. Sad to say the truth, but our juniors are much, much better than us.' 'Shutoku High School, twenty-five and Noetsu at fifty points. Even our practice games are much better.'

Their butts were glued to the wooden benches of the sports stadium until the third quarter. The 'original team' that earned the title now walked to the 'battlefield', wearing wide smiles that showed their excitement.

"Captain, do us a favour and destroy them!" Yelled their juniors.

"You already set a thirty point difference, you guys. Especially you, Ayumi-chan. Something wrong, Fu-chan?"

Their point guard, a second year, was fuming with anger. "They'll enjoy teasing the heck outta you until you give in."

All of the members gulped, throwing a concerned yet fearful look at Kirin and Hitomi. "At the end of the night, those two will win us two games. LET'S PLAY!" Shouted Etsuko.