[Genshin] Zhongli x reader - empty.

death talk - trigger warning

You sigh deeply, exhaustion in a mortal body was something you weren't used to, because you were a goddess.. a god like rex lapis, however you were there when no one else was, you saw it's very beginning, you were much older than everyone, but not by much when it came to rex lapis, otherwise now known as Zhongli. you can't seem to bring yourself to remember him much, as it has been a long time since you've spoken with him, but you won't ever forget his voice, or his eyes.. You missed him much, as he was your first lover, he was your first friend.. he was your world to you. You can't remember the reason why you stopped being near him, or talk to him, but you missed him more than ever. Life without him was incredably hard for you, waking up everyday to see no one but the gentle breeze at the top of the mountain of where you reside. You missed Liyue Harbor too, you missed spending your days with the geo archon, you weren't the one to show emotion, but he.... he always found a way to make you happy in some way that others couldn't.  You didn't know how he did it or why, but that was what made you fall for him all those years ago, the feelings have remained, and your heart hurts everyday on top of the mountain, the breezes were lovely but nothing was enough to compare to your love, Zhongli.

Often, you find yourself experiencing flashbacks and they constantly tore you apart emotionally. It's been many years of having this problem- about a millinea? you didn't know, time for you was so badly distorted to the point where sometimes you would wake up at night instead of the day, hoping to find Zhongli show up at your doorstep.. but he never came.

everything feels so empty.

Empty was a good word to describe how you felt without him.

You would wake up as usual to your empty bed, it was always cold and lonely.. but you didn't mind at this point. What you did mind was the emptiness you felt every time you woke up.

You hated existing in this realm, you hated everything, but that's what happens when you stay alone for so long, or at least so you thought. unfortunately, the emptiness only grew, also growing bitter, snappy, and rude. You've always been quiet and closed off, but this time it was even worse than before, so much that no one was able to connect with you.

Then one day you heard climbing and you were quick to have your weapon in hand, and silently you stood and waited for them to arrive.

And that was the time you met a Traveler and their companion named Paimon.

You allowed them to rest where you resided, hoping that maybe they'll stick around for a little longer. You were lonely, but you were too stubborn to admit it. You wished you could remember the reason why you had stopped speaking to Zhongli.

but the only thing you feel is guilt.

The traveler and their companion left that morning, but they came by many times, perhaps enough times to make you think theyve befriended a god like you. As much as you hate to admit it, the duo had grown on you.
You didnt even notice it until they stopped coming by.

it was mortals befriending an unknown god, you knew no one knows of your abilities, because there were no books written about you. while they were briefly mentioned, there was no actual connection, and there was no actual proof of your existence since over 4000 years, so many believe that you have been long gone.

The only person who is truly aware of your existence is Rex Lapis... or rather Zhongli.

After the traveler and their companion left back to liyue harbor, you yourself decided to wander outside of your home boundary.

You glanced at the grass, and saw how unusually lucious it is, you could remember the battlefield at the very place you stood but you decided it was best not to dwell on the past since you were away from home.