[DBH] Connor x reader - saved

Request: @anaturalintrovert

I hope you enjoy~
I'm kinda rusty and haven't done much writing in a long time. So pls forgive me if it isn't great

I also added a song if y'all wanna have music with it :)
—-
Your POV

Everyday was such a drag for you, just to wake up everyday to go to something you didn't enjoy, all it truly was, was boring.

Ever since most of your family died, you're 25 and has been on their own for 6 years, surprised that a 19 year old managed to survive on her own all the way up to 25

Now here you were, questioning your own existence again. Wondering, what good have I done? What have I done to make this world a better place?

But nothing seemed to click in your head for an answer, so you sigh, coming back to the face of reality because it's 4:36 am and you haven't slept in 2 1/2 days.

You were troubled and depressed, but you did not realize it. For every demon that comes, it's hard to see, as well as spot them before they strike.

So when the clock struck 5 she got up, and that took 30 minutes of the every ounce of motivation because your body is just screaming at you that it needs rest, and your bones and muscles, they feel like as if knives were stabbed all in them, making your movement painful and miserable. Your body screams to go back to sleep and never wake up again, and that your job isn't worth it.
And to you, all you did was ignore it and keep going. Because you need to keep your job to survive.

When you got to the department- being the first one here was normal and of course you just sat there, your desk next to hank's waiting for them to get here so Connor, him and you can get back to working on your investigation. You decided to go grab yourself some coffee and you sit down, drinking the hot liquid hoping it would wake you, but it only made you even more tired and you decide that maybe a little bit of sleep wouldn't hurt and you rested your head on your desk. And you closed your eyes

"Wake up, bitch."
You wake up to burning heat on your head and shoulders, you realize it was your coffee, being poured on you. You mutter, "Gaven, you're a dick."

"What was that loser?"

You growl feeling terrible, and embarrassed because everyone was looking at you. Connor and Hank were there also looking at you.

You were angry, and you punched Gavin in the face, hard. You felt your knuckles burn and hurt. And the coldness of the room chilled the coffee. You sigh, staring down at a bloody nosed Gavin and then you turn away to go grab your spare clothes and rushed to the bathroom. And when you got your clothes on and walked out, "Hey, (Y/N) about time you kicked that ass's ass heheh, you fucked him up too." It was Hank. "If he didn't pour my cup of fucking coffee on me maybe I wouldn't have fucked up his face."
Hank laughs and then Connor shows up, his eyes going from the normal emotionless look, to a genuine shine to it. To him, of what you didn't know, you were his sunshine. But he scanned you that day, and what he got was something that made him frown.

"Okay love birds, back to the case, we're hunting down a deviant and we have no time to lose." Hank says passing in between them.

"I'm just going to go, I'm in no mood of dealing with Gavin and everyone after this morning"

They didn't even hear you, and all you did was sigh making you question yourself, all over again.

It seemed like they didn't care either, it really did and it hurt you because you see them as decent friends.

You walk out and start walking in the snow, that was about to start becoming a blizzard. You didn't care though, you were at this point where if something happened to you, you just wouldn't care. Because you don't love yourself, you aren't love and you aren't adored. This hurt inside but no tears fell down your cheeks because you're too tired to. You found yourself walking to the bridge, and staring down at the bottom, paying no little attention to the sketchy people that were following you near by. You thought to yourself, if I died would anyone miss me? If I died, would it even be known to the world?

If I jumped, would someone try and save me?

"Hello (Y/N)"
Connor's voice fills your ears and you listened with your last moments.

He walks up and stood beside you.
"I'm sorry Gavin poured his drink on you." He apologized.

You just shrugged and felt goosebumps crawl onto your skin for not wearing your jacket.

"I've noticed your morale isn't as great. And you've been lacking sleep, are you alright (y/n)?"
Connor asks.

That question stabbed you in the gut and you seriously felt it.

"Yea just out of it I guess." You mutter looking down, thinking 'why couldn't I have just jumped before' because now you're just feeling terrible because Connor knows you aren't taking care of yourself. And for you, you feel bad because you care about him. But at the same time you just wanna disappear.

You start crying, despite the exhaustion. When Connor turns around and sees Hank, you watch them talk, and you just simply wipe the tears away and hide it.

Hank then leaves suddenly and Connor comes back, and sees you crying and comes up and asks you "what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

You just kept crying because it felt good, it felt so fucking great

"I'm depressed Connor now fuck off you don't understand feelings, you aren't a deviant. You said it yourself."

Connor hugs you from behind and his touch was like a drug and you just craved to be in this beautiful androids arms, and hearing his voice everyday saying everything would be okay.
But you push him off and start walking away, shivering and starting to get exhausted and tired.
Connor tightly grabs your wrist and hugs you, again.

You let him hug you this time;
You cried in his shoulder just letting it all out. Connor then asks "Would you kill me if I said I was a deviant? And that I love you?"

You snap "Why would I kill you? You've been the only person I find as a reason to keep going right now." You sniffle and wipe your eyes. He pulls back and you look down, but he pulls your chin up and his lips captured yours. He took his other hand and wiped the few tears that were left with his thumb and when he lets go you kiss him back enjoying the moment.

Connor pulls away and says, "I'm sorry I know I should've said this sooner; but I love you (y/n) let me take care of you. Things will get better"

"I love you too." You whisper holding him close because you're cold and like those cheesy movies he takes his jacket off and gives it to you.

It was warm for a machine. His hand held yours and honestly, that day he saved you from yourself.

And you're so happy to be with him, everyday.