[A.Z] Inaho x reader - its what keeps you going

the war against the martians took a very long time to end.

when you, Inaho and his friends joined the war it took an emotional toll on you— assigned as one of the katiphrat pilots, you found that easy but after seeing your best friend become crushed by a martian like she was a bug, completely broke you. caused you to shake violently and silently weep. your platoon was gone and you were all thats left, a fear you could feel towards it.

then that wack from the martian, caused you to blacken out and for sure you believed you were dead until after a while you opened your eyes to see a night sky.
you glance over to the katiphrat, or whats left of it and grabbed the communication icon, "Alpha 33 reporting, im ...alive." i mutter before my vision got fuzzy and everything faded out once again.

when i woke up there was bright light, and then i could see doc, i glanced around and saw him turn and smile, "hey y/n, how are you feeling?"

i suddenly got a flashback from the images, the horror, the everything i had just experienced. i shook my head "like shit, like usual."

"it seems as though you had lost a lot of blood from the injuries of that attack, injuries that i wonder if you even knew about." doc replies .

"no i didnt know i had that many injuries." i mutter tiredly.

"you were found by your friend Inaho, you did appear to look dead due to all the blood however it had turned out that you were breathing which relieved him-considering the damage of your katiphrakt we assumed you were dead like everyone else was." Doc explains.

"i dont wanna go back there, i see terrible things, and relive terrible things." i mutter while glancing down at my shaking hands.

"well-" the door slams open, showing Inaho panting lightly.

his normally emotionless face smiled seeing that you were awake and alive.

"anyway, we can discuss those later on, you should talk to your friends, that will help heal you faster." Doc replies with a smile before turning away and washing his hands in the sink.

"hey y/n, how are you feeling?"

"im fine, thanks for asking." i said with a forced smile.

the small smile on his face faltered.

the doc finished washing his hands before turning around and smiling, "y/n you're lucky to even be alive, you had recieved 4 broken ribs, broken arm and a gash on the neck hitting the artery. so if it wasnt for your suit covering your neck like that, you would have bled out in a few minutes."

"youve been in a coma for 3 weeks, so dont go too hard on your body, but you can walk around the ship if you like." doc says before turning away and walking to another paitent.

you sigh before rubbing your eyes and quickly force yourself out of the bed, only to feel your legs give out.

arms wrap around you before you plummeted to the ground, inaho glanced at you, and said, "let me help you, y/n" you sighed and allowed him to support you till you managed to stand on your feet.

"i feel so heavy" i mutter

"youve been sleeping for three weeks, your body needs time to build back muscle so you can support yourself."

"i know.." your voice trails off.

you looked at your hands and suddenly you see blood and you look up to find f/n being completely crushed by the martian katiphrakt all over again, you began to tremble, eyes began to dialate.

and suddenly you hear "its alright, y/n, breathe, you're safe."

the vision suddenly went away and you see doc and inaho staring at your now sitting form.

"seems that you're more traumatized from what had happened than i thought." doc said before turning and grabbing something.

"could be something serious, or a mental disorder like ptsd, drop by my office later so we can get a proper diagnosis."

you wiped tears you failed to realize had fallen and nodded before sliding off the bed again and grabbed inaho before you could fall.

and the two of yall walked out together.

it was nighttime outside, and the seabreeze calmed you.

"y/n i-" inaho paused. "you avoid getting yourself hurt like that."

"i didnt get myself hurt, i tried my best to keep my platoon as well as myself safe. if you dont believe me and if youre gonna bug me about it, then im just going to ignore you." i mutter before glancing out at the ocean blue.

"well you worried people and i want to remind you that."

i chuckled bitterly before snapping, "you think i dont know that?"

his eyes suddenly sofened.

"you shouldnt let f/n's death prevent you from being happy."

that struck a nerve in you, you looked away.

you didnt even bother trying to reply to that, so you remained silent.

"you know, i wish it was me and not her. she deserved to live more than i ever did."
you comment

his hand suddenly slid into yours

"i know her death hurts you, and it makes you wish it was you that died but just know that im glad it was you who survived and not her." inaho says in a calm voice.

"why..? just why..?" your body began to shake, and inaho slowly wrapped his arms around you.

"i love you y/n, you are one of a kind, who is never angry at my smart remarks, cared for others in your own way rather than how everyone else does. i know you better than you know yourself y/n. i love you, and thats why im glad you survived." inaho has never said this much in one sentence before but it was heartfelt.

you knew it, he knew it.

but it was nice knowing that despite what has happened, inaho loved you.

its what kept you going after that