[Shield Hero] Naofumi x Demihuman! Male! Reader - Comfort

i dont see a whole lot of fanfictions of this however, i would love to see more of this in the future.
-
you are quite a shy one for a wolf demihuman.

you a boy and is very small for your age, however, you had grey wolf ears, bushy tail and sharp yellow eyes to make up for it.
what makes you special is that unlike many demihumans, you could transform into a giant wolf only if necessary. when you are in battle, most of the time you were vicious, and you fought as if the devil himself was to be you. Your sharp teeth always made it inside enemies, when you tranform, you shred your enemies to literal pieces. you have light and dark magic like Raphtalia. what nobody knew was that you were a healer. back when you were bought by Naofumi, you accepted death. You accepted your fate the minute he picked you and the fighting spirit you once had somehow lit up again after diminishing long ago. Since you were picked in your wolf form, he hadnt realized you were also demihuman, which of course freaked him out at first. the fighting spirit was awoken when you were given food, delicious food, he nourished you along with Raphtalia. the meaty food had awoken the inner wolf and had enough energy to transform again. naofumi was the first to ever truly open up both you and Raphtalia.

during that time of learning about you, mr naofumi's eyes widened when he looked at your info. although you were level 231, you had abilities that exceeded everyone. feeding you revealed all sorts of abilities. the slave crest on you caused your fur to burn off when he bought you, and when he stared at your fur, he seemed to have pain. he hated that damn slave crest,  but he needs it to ensure no one will betray him again.

He bought you because you exceeded level 40, which was exceptionally high, however, if that bitch and the trash king let him go and let him pay for leveling up beyond that. sadly you knew that once they go past level 40 you wont ever be needed anymore.

you had long ago accepted it, and heard naofumi himself say it too.
-
-
at the moment, it was in the middle of the night when naofumi woke up with a night terror. he frantically searched for something, and when he lit the candle beside him, he calmed down meeting your gaze. you left your sitting position across the room, and walked to him.
you rubbed your nose under his hand in a comforting way, not know what was going on then, but knew his deep inner thoughts plagued him. quietly you hopped up in bed and layed your head on his stomach, keeping your wolf form if he needs someone to cuddle on to for comfort.

his hand pet you for a while until it slowed down to a stop.  your usual shyness vanished, mainly because everyones sleeping and is under your protection. you knew now is not the time to be resting, when you felt assured naofumi was sleeping, you got up and hopped off the bed and sat on the floor silently listening to the sounds of the crickets outside and everyones soft breathing.
you hear a sigh, and your ear twitched to see naofumi woke up and sat up.

you meet his eyes in a questioning way.

"ive slept enough for now."

you shake your head and point your nose to the clock.

"you do realize you can talk now right?" naofumi says bluntly.

"i know, but i dont have a very quiet voice when everyones sleeping." you replied cooly. you transformed into your boy form, the fluffy grey ears and bushy tail that never stood out now complimented your glowing yellow eyes.

naofumi's eyes narrowed as if he were lost in thought.

"whats wrong sir?" you ask before sitting down on the floor gently wagging your tail.

"i sit and question if what everyone says is true, that im truly a bad guy. sad to say that dealing with it for so long, im still not used to it by now."

"you should avoid those questions naofumi, they will only bring hurt. nobody likes hurt, especially the perpetual,  and emotional ones." you mutter out before rubbing your eyes gently in a sleepy way.

"how do you know that?"
naofumi asked.

"its easy. when Filo and Raphtalia are of level such as mine, i will no longer be needed-" you paused instantly, panic engulfs you in realization that you spoke beyond boundaries.

"sorry.. i didnt mean to say it like that" you mumble before transforming back into your wolf form and walked outside to guard.

"y/n you have no fucking clue on how hard it is to keep myself together around you, you have literally no idea."
Naofumi snapped

your wolf head looked at him tiredly.
"im sorry i disappointed you that much." you mutter softly, shoulders exhaustedly slumped.

"no that is not what i meant. i meant- ugh.. i hate emotions." Naofumi growls in frustration.

you make a loud sigh before walking back and plopping onto the floor beside Naofumi's bed, inhaling his scent that comforts you.

"dont lay on the floor, get your ass in bed." Naofumi growled.

"thats an order."

the slavecrest was going to burn but stopped when you tiredly got up and hopped onto the bed.

"in your human form."

you slowly transform, upon completing, naofumi pulls you close, being small and light he easily pushed you around often.

you werent expecting naofumi to kiss you. and you also werent expecting him to cuddle and keep you warm against his body.

naofumi gently put his head against your chest, and softly you wrap your arms around him, lightly rubbing him in a comforting way.

"you dont have to leave me because i love you too damn much." naofumi mumbled.

you gently kiss his head, and allowed warmth to spread inside your heart and soul.