[DBH] human!cheater!Kara x male!Reader - The Beach

The Neighbourhood - The Beach

Here's a shot before I go back to my depression sleep.
Please do enjoy...

Kara's a cheater in this one.
Also sorry for shitty ending

-
You were happy, yet calm and collected. You smile slightly as your focus turned in stronger as you played. This game of yours was undeniably fun, but you knew you had to go to work soo. When you turned off your computer, you had stifled a sigh before rubbing your face. Something didn't feel right today, but you had passed it off as nothing since you're probably paranoid or something.
Since you work a job in a office (which is boring sometimes) you tend to watch a little bit of The Office to gain motivation to work, but unfortunately, it has little effect.

If I told you that I loved you
Tell me, what would you say?
If I told you that I hated you
Would you go away?

You actually work for a tech company, and you're a coder as well as the network administrator around here, so when people ask they think you're a nerd.

Now I need your help with everything that I do
I don't want to lie, I've been relying on you

You don't exactly mind but after a while you wonder if it's even a complement or not. If the pay wasn't good, you probably would have found a better job but sadly, you have a degree in computer science and you just live with it.

Fallin' again, I need a pick-me-up
I've been callin' you friend, I might need to give it up

Anyway, as you got to work that day, you didn't stop until you were done. You then stopped and rubbed your face with your big hands on your desk.

The stress of work just overwhelms you.

I'm sick and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me
I feel it burning you

It's almost as bad as school. Back in your old days you were a loner, and to many they think they understand what that means but most actually don't know.

I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you
If I do, I do

Yes everyones been alone before but you were alone for your entire fucking life. Yes, you had parents. But nobody wanted to be friends with you, or love you.

If I meet you in the middle maybe we could agree
You make me feel little how you're looking at me

But when you got out and went to college, you met Kara.  She was most definitely kind. To you, she was beautiful and was your whole world.

Many asked you why do you treat her like a queen. You don't know those people, but you always told the truth.

And you can throw me shade, all it does is just cool me off
First it just threw me off, now I'm just moving on

And you always said, "she's my world, my life. If she leaves, then chances are, I will go back into the dark. And surely die."

You glance at the clock, the silence was so bad in here that you can hear it ticking. It was practically all the way across the room. You groan seeing that it's 5:58 in the evening and you still have piles and piles of work to do.
You texted Kara that you will be home late, and you went back to work.

Fallin' again, I need a pick-me-up
I've been callin' you friend, I might need to give it up

It wasn't till 11:23 until you finished and you were so undeniably tired that you decided not to show up tomorrow. You wanted to spend time with Kara.

You grabbed your phone, keys and  wallet before leaving.

This job is killing you mentally.
And you just want to see Kara.

Fallin' again, I need a pick-me-up
I've been callin' you friend, I might need to give it up

As you walk up to the house you can hear moaning inside. As you opened the door you see a familiar guy and Kara naked on your couch. Kara was topping him and moaning loudly.

Inside you wanted to cry. You wanted to so fuckin badly.
But you kept it in and pretended to be angry.

You didn't want anyone to know she hurt you.

I'm sick and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me

When they both hear the door slam as you left they realized it was you.

Kara fucked up big time.
Not that she cared anyway. You wondered why you even dated her to begin with, you had no idea she was having an affair with someone else. But you didn't care either anymore.

I feel it burning you
I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you

You sigh, rubbing your face with your hands.
Your job is awful.
You just lost the love of your life from another man.
And your heart is broken.

Swim with me
I think I could see the beach
I know what's underneath
I need you here with me
But we're out in the open
Swim with me

You decide to pay for a room in a hotel for the night and rest in bed there.

You didn't know what you were going to do on your day off tomorrow.

And certainly you didn't know if you'd even make it through the night without sobbing your heart out.

I think I could see the beach
Just don't look underneath us
I need you here with me but we're out in the open

That night you cried, and cried hard. Life sucks and you knew that well.

You give up on everything now.

You're done.

I'm sick and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me
I feel it burning you
I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you
If I do, I do