thirty nine

"Either if you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean."C.R

Song for this chapter: Wings by Birdy

.

.

Step, step step. Cough. Step, step, step. 

I was awoken to the same repetitive pattern. Steps, then a cough, then it repeats. My head was pounding and I wasn't sure what had happened. I couldn't remember hardly anything. Maybe it was from the headache.

Thud.

Whatever I was being held in dropped to the ground making me hit my head on the back of what I assumed was a box. My head was fuzzy and I got dizzy. The side of the box dropped open and I was blinded by brightness.

"Get out." A rough voice said. I was blinking slowly, feeling like I could pass out at any given moment. "Get the hell out." The voice exclaimed. I slowly got out and tried to take in my surroundings. I was in a bedroom.

"Where am I?" I questioned groggily. I was ignored by the man who had taken the box out of the room and locking the door behind him. It wasn't a particularly nice room. I mean, it wasn't cement walls with leaky faucets.

It was a twin bed with a blue worn out duvet draped over it. The room was pretty plain with tan walls and two windows. There was no dresser, no bathroom, no pictures, no TV. There was nothing in here other than the bed.

What's going on? In an instant everything came back to me. Last night. Robert. I was mixed with anger, fear, and panic all at once. Where am I? Where's Harry? Am I going to die? Where the hell am I?! I took deep breaths trying to calm myself, which didn't really work.

I looked out the window and I could barely see anything. It was still dark outside meaning it's only been a few hours or I've been out for a few days. Based on just being put here, I think it's only been a few hours. Maybe 3, 4 at the most.

Any lights outside were shut off leaving no visibility whatsoever. I tried to pull both windows up multiple times, but they were locked tight. There was nothing I could throw at them to break them and I was too weak to break them by myself.

The door was locked from the man that had locked me in here. There was no way out. I sat on the bed for what seemed like hours, waiting for someone to tell me what's going on. I planned escape plans, but they all had faults in them.

I heard footsteps coming from outside and then the lock on my door turned. I cowered back on the bed as I heard voices discuss something. "Isn't this a bad idea?" Someone questioned. "Isn't what a bad idea?" The rough voice from earlier asked.

"Putting them in together." 

"There's nothing they could possibly do."

The door was pushed open abruptly and another box was dragged in. I hid with my hood over my head in hopes they'd think I was sleeping. I didn't dare to look at what was going on. I had no idea who these people were or what they wanted and I didn't want to get hurt.

I heard something thud onto the ground and moan of struggle. "Take the box and let's go. He'll be in soon." I heard a groan of complaint and then the door slammed and locked. I looked up and my eyes widened at what was in front of me. 

"Harry?!" I exclaimed as I jumped out of the bed and ran over to the body on the ground. "Please be alive, please be alive, please be alive." I repeated as I brushed his hair out of his face. How was I supposed to know if he was still alive?

He didn't breathe, he didn't have a heartbeat, he didn't have warm skin. How do you know if a dead person is alive or not? I felt like I was going insane and I was majorly confused. So I sat with Harry's head in my lap.

I combed my fingers through his hair as tears streamed down my face. Is he dead? Anytime the thought crossed my mind another round of tears came. It wasn't until a I heard a moan of pain that my heart skipped a beat.

"Harry?" I questioned, hopefully. He lifted his head up slowly and looked up at me. It only took him a moment to gather everything that had happened. He jumped up and bolted towards the door, pounding and yelling.

He was pacing back and forth the room muttering things I couldn't understand. I was scared to get close to him because he didn't know his own strength and he was fuming. I watched him try to piece together everything that had happened.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." He finally said, coated in anger. "I told you we shouldn't have come back! Look where we are now!" He turned towards me with fury in his eyes. "Are you blaming me for this?" I said feeling anger swirl inside of me.

"If you didn't want to come back, we wouldn't be here right now!" He yelled at me. "This is not my fault!" I said through gritted teeth. "You're so stubborn! Nothing is ever your fault!" He yelled making me wince. "You're right! Maybe this is my fault!" I said making him stop.

"Maybe it was my fault for ever dating you even though I knew what would happen!" I seethed and he sighed. He seemed to calm down slightly after he saw the tears going down my face. "I thought... I thought you were dead." I said shakily.

"I thought you were dead! I thought you were dead and you're screaming at me!" I yelled pathetically. "I'm sorry." He said softly. "Save it." I said through gritted teeth. "Find a way out of here and maybe I'll speak to you again."

.

.

[A/N: COMMENT GUYS! IT'S GETTING GOOD AND I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!]