eighteen

"Is it possible to succeed without any act of betrayal?"-J.R

Song for this chapter: I See Fire by Ed Sheeran

.

.

A thousand emotions were flowing through me all at once. Fear, anger, shock, confusion, and most of all, betrayal. What is this? What is he? Is Perrie dead? Why did I come out here in the first place? Oh, right. To go look to find him. Oh, how I wish I could go back in time.

I took a sharp intake of breath as fear took over my entire being. His eyes darted up to me and they were blood red. He looked at me with wide eyes and his eye color went back to green. "Caylah." He said and started approaching me.

I started saying incoherent things, that even I couldn't understand. I suddenly knew what I had to do. I had to run. This can't be happening. I kept repeating the one sentence over and over again in my head, but nothing can erase what I had just seen.

All at once, I turned around and ran as fast as I could. I remembered that I didn't bring my car, and that I came with Liam and Harry. I looked around the corner I had just come from and I knew Harry would be here at any given moment.

I ran into the restaurant, ignoring the confused glances I was being given. I ran to our table and they all looked at me like I had 3 heads. "L-Liam. Keys. Now." I said and he gave me a confused look then threw me the keys.

I ran back outside and saw Harry emerge from the side of the building. I quickly went to Liam's car and unlocked it. My hands were shaking as I opened the door so I dropped the keys on the pavement. I bent down and grabbed the keys and started getting into the car.

I was pulled back by an unusually strong grip. "Caylah, wait!" Harry yelled and pushed me against the side of the car. "P-Please don't hurt me." I said desperately and I felt hot tears running down my cheeks. "Let me explain!" He rushed.

"Don't you even fucking try to explain. Let me go." I said trying to sound angry, but I mostly sounded pathetic because my voice was cracking from crying. "What you saw back there was-" I cut him off and kicked him where the sun don't shine.

He fell back and I took that opportunity to get into Liam's car. I fumbled trying to get the keys in the ignition, but once I did I turned it on and locked the doors quickly. Just as I put the car in drive Harry was up and trying to get the car open.

"Caylah, wait a fucking minute!" He yelled, but it was too late because I had already driven away. On my way back to my house I cried, until I was out of tears. I couldn't register what had just happened. What is he? The only way he could be human is if he was some fucking psychopath.

Once I got to my house I parked Liam's car and hurried towards the front door. I lifted up the mat and grabbed the spare key and opened the door. "Mom! I'm home." I called out shakily and slipped the key back under the mat.

"Mom?" I called around again while looking around the dark house. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note laying on the table. Had to run to the grocery store, be back soon. I sighed and grabbed a water from the fridge.

After I finished I threw the bottle in the trash and wiped around my eyes. When I pulled my hands back they had black streaks on them from my mascara and eyeliner. I sighed and decided that I needed to relax, so I went upstairs to take a bath.

I started the water and put some bath salts in then got in relaxing my muscles instantly. I closed my eyes and let the warm water take away my worries, for the moment at least. As my body soaked I let my mind drift into my thoughts.