epilogue

"When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure."-Unknown

Song for this chapter: Echo by Jason Walker

.

.

. Harry's POV .

.

.

October 14th 2014 was the day that Caylah Winters died. The day that I lost the will to live. I had to explain to everyone what had happened. I told them someone took her and I found her body a day later. 

Nothing will be as painful as the actual truth. The only person that knew the real story was Liam. I felt numb. Her dad was a mess. He lost his wife and his daughter in a span of a few months. If only he knew I was the reason why...

The guilt I felt was eating away at my entire being. I didn't know how to handle the feeling. I'd never felt it before. I was feeling loss, regret, guilt, and heartbreak at the same time. She was gone and I couldn't accept it.

I'd never see her again. I'd never hear her laugh again, see her smile, feel her ever again. I said I wouldn't let her die, and I won't. There won't be a person I don't tell about her. She'll live on as the only girl I ever have and will love.

She was amazing. No one could deny how kind hearted and giving she was. She'd live in everyones memory. After all, what we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

.

.

 (A/N: That's a wrap. Thank you all so much for reading.)