fourteen

[A/N: Time skip in this chapter, but it's 100% nessacary. okay? okay.]

Song for this chapter: Karma's Coming Back For Me by Megan & Liz

.

.

[Time skip: First Day of School]

.

.

I haven't talked to Harry since he was over at my house. That was about a month ago. It now was the first day of school and I was absolutely dreading it. Obviously, I mean who would be up an hour before school on the first day? Not me.

"Get the hell up!" Meredith smacked my head with a pillow and I groaned. "Caylah, don't make me pour water on your head." She threatened, I chuckled sleepily. "Then it'll just take me longer to get ready." I said but it was muffled because my face was in my pillow.

"We're going to be late!" She yelled and hit me again. "What time is it?" I grumbled. "10 minutes until we have to be there!" She said angrily and I sighed and got up. It took me about 15 minutes to get ready, so that only heightened Meredith's anger.

 "Hurry the fuck up!" She screamed in anger. "Chill." I said once I exited my bathroom. "Let's go!" She yelled and pulled my arm. I grabbed my bag and we drove to school in her car. "We should just skip first period." I said and she glared at me.

"We shouldn't have to skip first period!" She exclaimed and I smiled cheekily. "Well, unless you want the embarrassment of your teacher calling you out on being late on the first day I suggest you skip with me." I said and she sighed in defeat.

"What do you have for second period?" She asked me and I check my schedule I had gotten the other week. "Mr. Hayes. Math." I told her and she nodded. "How about you?" I asked. "Same." She said and I nodded. 

Once we got to the school we sat in the grass near the entrance until first period was over. "Didn't you miss first period last year?" She asked me and I nodded. "I'm kind of known for it." I shrugged while pulling a few blades of grass out of the ground. 

"I'm hungry." I groaned. "If you would've gotten up earlier you could've had breakfast. Don't complain." She yelled at me and I chuckled. "First period is over in like 5 minutes." She said and I nodded. "What else do you have for the day?" I asked her and she grabbed her schedule.

"Second period is math, third is PE, fourth is lunch, fifth is history, and sixth is science." She read off the list and I nodded. "You?" She asked and I grabbed my schedule. "Second period is math, third is history, fourth is history, fifth is lunch, sixth is art." I read and she sighed.

"We only have one period together today." She said and I nodded with a frown on my face. "Let's enjoy second period then." I said and I heard the bell ring from inside. "Here we go." She said and we both stood up.

Our lockers were only 4 away from each other so that was nice. I shoved my bag in my locker and grabbed my math book and notebook, then I waited for Meredith to get everything out of her locker. We walked down the familiar hallways until we reached room 304.

Once we entered the room there were only a few people already in their seats. We sat down in the middle row and I was near the window which was amazing. I drummed my pencil on my desk and looked out the window. It just started raining so I watched the water droplets run down the window.

"Aren't you afraid he's gonna be in one of your classes?" Meredith asked and I shrugged. "We've both stopped talking to each other. I doubt he'll even look at me if he's in one of my classes." I told her and she nodded but she didn't look convinced.