nine

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you."-L.Y

Song for this chapter: Jump by Shane Harper

.

.

When I woke up the next day I was alone. I sat up on the bed and looked around the room. I didn't really pay attention to the room last night, it was nothing special. It looked really old and dusty. "Harry?" I called out and I heard my voice echo off the walls. 

"Right here, love." He said coming to the doorway. "Okay." I said and leaned back on the bed. "What time is it?" I asked and he checked his watch. "1:30." He said and I gasped. "I slept that long?" I asked and he nodded.

"How long have you been up?" I asked and he shrugged with a amused smile on his lips. "A while." He chuckled like it was a joke. "Okay..." I trailed off giving him a weird look. "I don't wanna get up." I groaned with my hands over my face.

"Don't." He said and laid down next to me. "I have to." I said looking up at him. "No." He whined and pulled me onto his chest. I laughed as he wrapped his arm around me. "Harry, what are we doing?" I asked seriously.

"We're relaxing on a mattress." He stated with a smirk and I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean." I said sitting up slightly. "I don't want to worry about it." He said and that confused me more. Worry about what?

"I guess I'm gonna text Derrick to pick me up." I threatened teasingly. "No, you don't." He said and attempted to grab my phone from my hand. "Harry, no!" I squealed as he turned us over so he was on top of me. 

He held my arms above my head, but I wasn't going to let go of my phone. "Caylah." He said in a warning tone as he tried to pry the phone from my hands. "Harry." I said in the same tone. He smiled and his eyes lit up.

"Don't make me tickle you." He said with a smirk and I froze. I hate being tickled. "You wouldn't." I said and he raised his hand in a claw shape. "I would." He countered and I glared at him. "If you do I'm not responsible for your injuries." He chuckled at my comment.

"You can't hurt me." He said with a smirk. "Well, not physically at least." He added quietly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I blushed and I know he could tell from the growing smile on his face. "I don't want to hurt you." I told him quietly.

"I don't want to hurt you either." He said and kissed my forehead. I sighed happily and looked out at the sky. The clouds were dark so I knew it was going to start storming soon. I remembered the long walk it took from Harry's car to here.

"Harry, it's gonna rain." I said and I felt him nod. "We have to walk to your car." I said and he nodded again. I sighed in annoyance before standing up. "Let's go." I said and he sighed, but nodded in agreement.

We exited the house and as if on que a rumble of thunder came from the sky. "Come on." Harry said lacing our fingers together and pulling me along with him. We walked hand in hand down the dirt path towards Harry's car.

After about 5 minutes of walking the sky let out a boom of lightning and it started pouring. I squealed as all the dirt was slowly turned into mud. I took off my heals and held them in my left hand. "Harry!" I said as I slid on the mud.

"I'm gonna fall." I said as he caught me with his arms around my waist. "I'll never let you fall." He said and I couldn't help but feel like he meant it in a different way than just falling in the mud. Actually I knew he meant it that way from the look he gave me when he said it.

I blushed as he let go of my waist and grabbed my hand again once I was up right, again. We continued walking even though we could barely see the path. I knew we couldn't get much farther with the weather like this so I had an idea.

"Let's dance." I said and grabbed his other hand. He laughed as we spun in circles. He twirled me around and I giggled as he pulled me closer. By this point we were both majorly wet, but I don't think either of us cared at the moment.

"Your hair looks weird wet." I commented as I pushed it out of his face. "So does yours." He said and moved my hair to my right shoulder. I stuck my tongue out at him and he copied my actions. The rain slightly slowed down so we continued on our way to his car.

When we finally got to his car I felt bad because I was going to get the seat all wet from my sopping wet dress. I didn't really have a choice though. "It's been an interesting 24 hours." Harry said and I nodded quickly in agreement.

"You could say that again." I laughed. "Why do I feel like as long as we know each other it's going to be like this?" I asked and he shrugged. "That's me, love." He said and I gave him a confused look. Why does he keep doing stuff like this? It's really confusing me.

"Harry." I said and he quickly looked over at me. "Hm?" He asked as he put his gaze back on the road. "Why do you always say stuff like that?" I asked and he shot me a confused glance, but I knew he knew what I meant.

"You're always saying stuff basically about how you're not normal and that you're dangerous or something." He's never said it exactly like that but him and I both knew that it's what he meant. "Because I am, Caylah." He said gripping the steering wheel tighter.

"No, you're not." I said and he shook his head slowly. "I am, Caylah. You don't know." He said, but I knew he wasn't going to tell me anymore-I really wanted him too though. Which is why I pushed him. "Harry, tell me." I demanded.

I saw his knuckles go white from his death grip on the steering wheel. "I can't." He said angrily. "You can, though." I said quietly, trying not to make him extremely angry. "I really can't, Caylah." He said meeting my eyes for a split second.

His eyes we're red. I wasn't seeing things this time. "H-Harry." I mumbled feeling fear creep up on me. "Y-Your eyes." I stuttered in fear. I saw his eyes widen in realization and he sighed angrily. "Guess I have no choice now." He whispered mostly to himself.

"No choice for what?" I asked shakily and he looked over at me. His eyes weren't very red anymore there were specks of red but for the most part they were green. "Caylah, do you want me to leave you alone forever or do you want to know the truth?" He asked.

I was afraid of what 'the truth' was, but I didn't want Harry out of my life. "The truth." I answered hesitantly. "Okay." He said and pulled off to the side of the road. We were in the middle of the woods and a car hasn't passed us the entire time.

I was really confused but for the most part scared. Actually, scared wasn't the word for it. Scared was an understatement. I was completely and utterly terrified. He parked the car and got out. He came around to my side and opened my door for me.

"Come on." He said and I got out of the car hesitantly. "Let's go find out the truth." He said pulling me into the woods.