seventeen

"The best way out is always through."R.F

Song for this chapter: Don't by Ed Sheeran

.

.

That night Meredith and I were getting ready for the night. Meredith had already gotten dressed at her house, but she was doing her makeup and hair at mine.

"Cay, I swear to God if you and Harry are flirting all night I'm going to slap you across the face." She said as she curled a piece of her hair

"And I swear to God that we won't." I chuckled and put mascara on. "Why are you even putting that much makeup on?" She asked me skeptically.

"Mere, I never get out. Since I'm getting out of the house for once in my life I'd like to look nice. You have a problem with that?" I asked with an amused smile on my face.

"None at all chica." She laughed and ran her fingers through her hair. "God, I hate when I do my hair and then the top gets all greasy." She grimaces as she uses dry shampoo on the front of her hair.

"That's life. Suck it up." I said jokingly as I curled my eyelashes and fluffed my hair. I wasn't really dressed up. Unless you can consider shorts, a crop top, and Vans "dressed up".

I kind of consider it dressed up, considering all I ever wear is leggings and baggy t-shirts. I laughed to myself quietly at the thought. "What are you laughing at?" Meredith asked me, looking at me like I was insane.

"Myself." I replied and she gave me a strange look then continued fixing her makeup. I heard a knock on the door and I quickly looked at the clock and saw it was time to leave.

"Shit." I cursed as I stuffed all my makeup back into my bag. "You ready yet?" I asked as I tied my Vans quickly. "Yeah, gimme a sec. Go get the door." Meredith said and made a waving gesture with her hand, telling me to leave.

I went down the stairs two at a time until I got to the bottom. Another knock echoed around the house. I heard my mom rustling in the kitchen and I sighed. "I got it, mom!" I called out to her and then the rustling stopped, so I'm guessing she went back to what she was doing.

I peaked out the window beside the door and saw Harry staring intently at the ground. I opened the door and his eyes snapped up. "Hey." He breathed out and I nodded "Hey." I repeated and then walked back towards the stairs.

I heard the door shut and footsteps trailing behind me. I opened the door to my bedroom and walked in to ask if Meredith was ready yet. She was sticking one of my eyeliners into her purse. "You better bring that back." I said and she jumped.

"God, Cay. You scared the living shit out of me." She breathed in a sigh of relief. "Yeah, okay. Make sure you bring that back." I said gesturing to her bag. "I will!" She exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. I obviously didn't believe her.

"I will." She insisted and I nodded. "Okay. Can we go now?" I asked impatiently. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around. Harry was the one who had tapped my shoulder, obviously. I took a sharp breath, realizing how close we were standing to each other. 

I stepped back quickly and coughed. "Yes?" I asked shakily. "Are you guys ready to leave?" He asked with a slightly amused smile on his face. "I am." I said and looked to Meredith expectantly. "Yeah, let's go." She said and walked past us both out the door. 

I exchanged a glance with Harry then walked in front of him to his car. The only people in the car were Meredith and Liam, and I guess Harry and I. I hopped into the back seats with Meredith and Harry got into the passenger seat.