twelve

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."-W.D

Song for this chapter: Kiss and Tell by Justin Bieber

.

.

After everyone was in the living room none of us knew what to do. "Movie?" I asked and Dylan and Harry shook their heads. "Game?" I asked and Meredith hesitated. "What kind of game?" She asked and I shrugged. "I'm open for suggestions." I said and they all exchanged glances. 

My phone vibrated next to me so I picked it up. It was from my mom saying that she was at her lawyers office downtown and she might not be home tonight. I sighed and told her it was fine. "What?" Meredith asked sensing my disappointment.

"My mom's staying the night downtown." I told her and she nodded. I looked over at Harry to see a smirk on his face. "What?" I asked him and he smiled mischievously glancing at each of us. "How about we play never have I ever, but there's a twist." He said and Dylan had a knowing look on his face.

"Alcohol." Dylan smirked and Harry nodded. "Harry, no." I said and Meredith shrugged. "Come on, Cay! You never do anything fun." She said and I was about to protest, but she was right. I really don't do anything interesting. 

"Fine." I groaned and she cheered. "I'll go get the alcohol." She said and jumped off the couch. I didn't feel like questioning how she knew where my dad kept the alcohol. She returned a few minutes later with a bottle of clear liquid in her hand.

"Vodka? Really? Couldn't you have chosen something not as strong?" I asked, but from the look on her face she wasn't going to put it back anyways. "No." She said unscrewing the top of the bottle. "Okay so, how does this work?" I asked as we all sat around the bottle.

"Someone will say never have I ever done something and if you've done it you take a drink if you haven't you don't. Simple." Dylan explained and I nodded uneasily. I wasn't really sure about this. "Who wants to start?" Meredith asked with an eager look on her face. 

"I will." Harry said and I bit my lip in worry. This definitely wasn't a good idea. "Never have I ever kissed a guy." He smirked and me and I rolled my eyes. Meredith grabbed the bottle and took a sip and I hesitantly took the bottle from her and took a quick drink.

The liquid burned as it slid down my throat. This is why I don't drink it gives you a headache and hurts to drink it. Harry looked at Meredith expectantly and she sighed, trying to think of something to say. "Never have I ever..." She trailed off.

"Never have I ever gotten a hickey from Harry." She smirked at me and my eyes widened in realization. I quickly moved my hair back to cover the ugly bruise on my neck. Harry laughed and Meredith rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

I glared at both of them and took another drink from the battle. They're teaming up on me! It's not fair! "Never have I ever given a girl a hickey." Dylan said and I mentally thanked him for going against Harry. Harry laughed and took the bottle. 

"You're obviously not doing something right in your life then." He chuckled and drank from the bottle. Everyone's eyes turned to me once he set the bottle back down in the middle. I couldn't think of anything so I said the first thing that came to my head.

"Never have I ever kissed a girl." I said technically copying Harry's, but I honestly didn't care. Dylan and Harry both took a drink from the bottle. "Never have I ever thrown a party." Harry said and I was honestly shocked. 

Meredith and Dylan both took a drink and I was relieved that Harry didn't target me that time. "Never have I ever watched a movie that had people having sex in it." Meredith said and Dylan and Harry both took a gulp of the awful liquid. I rolled my eyes at them.