twenty seven

*READ A/N AT THE BOTTOM. MAJORLY IMPORTANT*

"Perhaps too much of everything is as bad as too little."-E.F

Song for this chapter: Best Mistake by Ariana Grande

.

.

"Harry, can you please tell me what the hell is going on?" I said after we had been driving for a little bit. "Can you please give me a minute to think?!" He yelled making me sink down in my seat slightly. I didn't say anything for awhile after that.

"I'm sorry." He apologized after a few minutes. "I hate when you yell at me." I said quietly. "I know you do. I didn't mean to, I swear." He says. "I believe you." I said feeling slightly better. "I just don't know how to tell you this." He sighed.

"Well, please try because I'm so confused." I sighed in frustration. "What happened with your mom..." He started and I winced at the mention of her. "It wasn't a coincidence." He said and I furrow my eyebrows. "You mean someone purposefully killed her?" I asked and he nodded stiffly. 

"Who would do that?" I asked and he looked straight ahead at the road. "Robert." He said making my confusion grow even more. "Who is he? And don't you lie to me again." I said angrily. "He's uhm. He's an old friend I guess." He said.

"Or enemy." He added under his breath. "He's been out to get me since 2010." He sighed. "I may have killed his daughter." He said and I gasped. "Harry! Why would you do that?!" I exclaimed. "She tried to kill my sister! I couldn't let her get away with it!" He yelled.

"He swore he'd get revenge on me, but I never thought he'd really try to." He sighed angrily. "He wanted you to stay away from me so he could get to you. He wants to kill you Caylah." He said while running his hand over his chin. 

"Why would he want to kill me? I didn't do anything!" I yelped. "He knows I-" He paused. "He knows I have feelings for you so he's trying to get back at me through you." He explained and I sighed. "God, Harry." I said angrily. 

"I know. I'm sorry. I never meant for you to get caught up in any of this shit." He cursed. "I need to call Liam." I said and he put his hand over my phone and took it from me. "Harry, what the hell?!" I yelped as I tried to get my phone back.

"You can't call anyone. He can't know where we're going." He said and I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. "I'm sorry." He said for the umpteenth time, intertwining our fingers. "I know." I said, not looking towards him. 

We drove to wherever the hell we were going forever it seemed. "We need to stop for gas." He said and searched for the next exit. He pulled the car off the highway and to the rest stop. I opened up the car door and walked over to Harry.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "I need money. I wanna get a drink." I said with a sigh. He reached into his back pocket and took out a few dollars and handed them to me. "Wow. So generous." I said sarcastically before turning around to go inside.

I opened the door and glared at the annoying bell that signalled I entered. I walked to the front where the clerk was sitting and glanced out the window to see if Harry was looking. When I knew he wasn't I looked towards the clerk.

"Do you have a payphone?" I asked and he nodded. "In the back near the restrooms." He said and I nodded. "Can I have quarters for this?" I asked, handing him a dollar bill. "'Course." He said as he opened the cash register.

"If a guy comes in here asking where I am, can you tell him I'm in the bathroom?" I asked. He looked at me funny, but nodded anyways.I took another look out the window and saw Harry talking on the phone angrily. He still wasn't looking this way.