fifteen

"Everything changes with just one small tilt of the mirror called life. It's perspective."K.A

Song for this chapter: My Dilemma by Selena Gomez

.

.

Not even a minute before Harry had gotten into the car, he started talking. "Caylah, are you okay?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm just going to the hospital for fun." I said sarcastically. He chuckled slightly and looked me in the eyes.

I tore my gaze from him and looked towards the road in front of us. "Don't do that." I snapped and he chuckled again. "What?" He asked and I sighed in frustration. "Don't do the look." I said and he paused, probably not understanding what I was saying.

"The look?" He asked and I nodded. "The look. The one you give me when I'm angry at you and makes me let it go immediately. It's not working this time." I said and he laughed. "I wasn't even aware I have a look." He said and I shrugged. "You do." I said and stared out the window.

"Why are you mad at me this time?" He asked and I chuckled harshly. "Are you kidding?" I asked and he shrugged then shook his head. "You become my friend, make out with me, ask to be friends with benefits, don't talk to me for months, then you act like nothing happened." I spat.

"Dick move, Harry." I said and he looked at me with a glare. "Liam, told me to stay away from you." He said and I nodded. "He told me to stay away from you too." I said and no one said anything for a few moments. "But, you didn't have to listen to him." I said and he let out an annoyed sigh.

"You listened to him too!" He shouted, making me flinch. He took a deep breath and sighed. "Why don't we just forget this whole 'listen to Liam' thing." He said and I shook my head. "Harry, no. It's just going to repeat of what happened before." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked and I groaned. "The secrets, the disappearing quickly, the jumping out of my fucking window." I said and his expression hardened. "Exactly!" I said angrily. "Just like that." I said and he sighed in defeat.

"I just can't explain it to you, Caylah." He said and I rolled my eyes and attempted to ignore the throbbing in my right hand. "Then when can you, Harry? I'm so sick of this bullshit." I said and looked back out the window to see the hospital coming into view.

"I just can't, Caylah!" He yelled loudly. "I can't." He said quieter this time. I didn't say anything in response. A few seconds later he pulled into the hospital parking lot. He parked as quick as he could and once he unlocked the doors I hopped out. 

"Let me see it." He said and I held my hand out for him to see. "It's even more swelled." He said and I nodded. "Let's go." I said and walked in front of him towards the emergency room. The automatic doors pulled open and I followed the directory to the lobby.

"Just go sit. I'll take care of it." Harry said, I nodded and sat down in one of the seats. The waiting room was empty, besides a mother and her little boy who looked like he had the flu. I made sure I wasn't too close to them. 

Just what I need, broken fingers, and the flu. Uh, no. About 10 minutes later, Harry came over and sat down next to me. "You need to fill this out." He said laying a clip board on my lap. I scanned it over and mentally groaned at all the stuff I had to fill out.

I dug through my bag until I found my wallet. I looked through all the cards until I found my health insurance card. "You have your health insurance card?" He asked with a confused look. "Isn't your mom supposed to have that?" He asked and I shrugged.