thirty six

*CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT FOR THAT GIF? HE'S LITERAL SUNSHINE. *Coughs* continue.*

"Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail."-C.K

Song for this chapter: Wide Awake by Katy Perry

.

.

"Dad! I'm home!" I called in excitement as I walked into the house. "Caylah?" He called back and a few seconds later he was standing in front of me. "Why didn't you tell me you were on your way back?" He asked as he gave me a hug.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." I smiled at him. "I'm about to head off to work, but we can meet up for dinner?" He asked and I nodded. "I'll see you then." He said and paused. "I'm happy you're home." He said before leaving.

I opened up the front door and saw Harry on his phone. I sighed and walked out to the car to get my things. I popped the trunk open and grabbed my small bag and threw it over my shoulder. "I was gonna get that for you." Harry said once we hung up his phone.

"It's okay. I got it." I shrugged. "I'm still taking it." He said as he tugged it off my shoulder and I shook my head at him with a smile. "It's light anyway." He shrugged and I nodded. "I'm so tired." I groaned and he rolled his eyes at me.

"You've been sleeping for hours." He laughed. "Sorry that I actually need sleep, unlike some people." I said with a laugh. "Let's do something." He said and I sighed. "Like what?" I asked him and he shrugged. "Wait, I do want to do something actually." I said quickly.

I approached him and took my bag off of his shoulder. "Whatcha doing there?" He asked with a weird look. "Not that you idiot." I laughed. "We have time for that though." He said and came closer to me and I pushed him back.

"I was just getting my bag." I laughed and placed it onto my bed. I opened up my dresser and grabbed a pair of yoga pants out and a t-shirt. I quickly changed and Harry didn't make any perverted comments surprisingly.

I put on my Vans and then grabbed my phone. "Where are we going?" He asked when I locked the door to the house. "To the cemetery." I sighed and he bit his lip. "Are you sure?" He asked gently and I nodded.

"I haven't been there since she was buried. I need to go." I said softly. "If it gets to be to much, just let me know and I'll get you out of there, okay?" He asked me and I smiled and thanked him. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together as we walked to the cemetery.

"My dad wants to take me to dinner tonight." I informed him as we walked. "I'm going with you." He said quickly and I sighed, but nodded. It was his only condition for me to come back, so I had to agree. "It's just us going, right?" He asked and I sighed.

"Harry, Robert isn't coming." I assured him and he pursed his lips and didn't say anything else. The rest of the walk was quiet other than the sound of the occasional passing of a car or the sound of birds chirping in the trees.

"Are you positive you want to do this?" He asked as the cemetery came into view. "No." I said honestly and he sighed. "You don't need to." He assured me and I sighed. "If I don't, then I never will." I sighed and he nodded.

"I'll just go to see it. I need to at least be there for a minute." I said, but it sounded more like it was to convince myself. "If you get worked up just tell me, okay?" He said for the thousandth time and I nodded. "I know, Harry." I smiled reassuringly at him.

When we got to the cemetery I felt a churning in my stomach. He squeezed my hand and I turned towards him. "Harry, I'll be okay." I assured him and he sighed but nodded. We approached her grave and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"I told myself I wouldn't cry." I said as a tear fell down my face. "I keep telling myself that this isn't her and I shouldn't remember her like this, but how can I not? This is the only place where she is, well, where her body is and-" I couldn't continue as I burst into tears.

"It's okay." Harry said softly as he brushed tears away from my cheeks. "I feel so stupid." I admitted as I cried. "Hey, you're not stupid. You're perfect and I love you." He smiled as he laced our fingers together tightly.

"Let's go." He said and pulled my hand. "I shouldn't-" He cut me off. "You can come back when you're better." He said and I nodded and we walked away from my mothers grave. I stopped crying half-way through our walk home, but Harry was still treating me like a piece of glass.

"Harry, I'm really okay." I told him repeatedly. "Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm positive. It was just a lot to take in." I explained and he nodded. I groaned as we got back to the house. I plopped down on my bed and stuck my face in my pillow.

"What's wrong?" He asked with my a chuckle. "I need to do something about school and I need to quit my job, if I wasn't fired already." I said into the pillow, but luckily with his inhuman hearing he knew what I said.

"I'll take care of that." He said and I thanked him. "Don't like file a drop out thing for me at school, okay? Education is still important to me." I laughed and he shrugged. "Can't promise anything, love." He said with a smirk.

"You're impossible sometimes." I groaned and he kissed my lips lightly. "You love it." He said and I raised my eyebrows. "No, I love you. Not your impossibleness." I told him and he laughed. "Is impossibleness even a word?" He asked and i shrugged. "It is now."

.

.