six

"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"-R.S

Song for this chapter: Don't Wanna Dance Alone by Fifth Harmony

.

.

When I woke up the next morning I instantly called Meredith and invited her over for breakfast. She didn't hesitate to agree. While I waited for her to arrive I got a shower and got dressed. I walked down the stairs and smelled my mom making breakfast in the kitchen.

"Whatcha making mom?" I asked as I sat down. "Pancakes, you hungry?" She looked over her shoulder and I nodded. "Meredith got home last night, and she's on her way over." I told her and she nodded. As if on que the doorbell rang.

"I got it." I said and walked towards the front door. I opened it to be met with... "Harry?" I said out loud. "What kind of hello was that?" He smiled and I titled my head like a confused puppy. "Why are you here?" I asked. 

"You're rude today." He said and I rolled my eyes. "If you answered my question maybe I wouldn't be rude." I retorted. "I haven't seen you in a few days so I figured I'd drop by." He said looking behind me for a second.

I turned around and saw my mom looking over at Harry. "Who's this?" My mom asked as she approached us. "Mom, this is-" Harry cut me off. "Harry. Harry Styles." He smiled at her and shook her hand.

"Well, Harry. Will you be joining us for breakfast? I made enough for an army." My mom smiled and glanced over at me. "I'd love to." He smiled again at her and walked inside, standing beside me. She looked between Harry and I and walked back into the kitchen.

"You're an idiot." I said and the doorbell rang, again. "You expecting someone?" He asked and I nodded. "Who? A guy?" He asked and I gave him a weird look and opened the door. "Caylah!" Meredith squealed and gave me a hug. 

I turned around and faced Harry and he had a weird expression on his face. "Who's this?" Meredith asked, facing Harry. "This is Harry." I emphasized and a knowing looked flashed over her face. "Oh! So you're Harry." She looked over at me and I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"I'm Meredith Walker." She smiled at him and he nodded in acknowledgment. "I'm Harry Styles." He said even though she already knew. "Sorry, Mere. I didn't know Harry was coming over." I explained and glared at Harry and he shrugged with an amused smile.

"Kids! Breakfast!" My mom exclaimed and we all walked towards the kitchen. We all sat down as my mom passed around the plates. Harry was to my left and Meredith towards my right. "So, Harry." My mom started as we ate. 

"I hear an accent. Where are you from?" She questioned. "I'm from England." He said as he took a drink of water. "I've never been there, but I hear it's beautiful." She smiled thoughtfully and he nodded. "It is." He said. 

I was quietly talking to Meredith as my mom talked to Harry. "Harry." Meredith said catching his attention. "You live her right?" She asked and he nodded, confirming it. "Where do you go to school?" She asked.

"He's going to our school this fall." I answered for him and he nodded. "Our grade." I said before she could ask and she nodded. After, we finished eating my mom grabbed our plates and Meredith offered to help. 

Harry and I stayed seated at the table as they washed the dishes. He leaned over to me and had his lips near my ear. "Do you want to go to a party tonight?" He whispered. I felt chills go down my spine as his hot breath hit my ear.

I turned my head so I was facing him. Our faces were centimeters away from each others. "What kind of party?" I whispered. "A baby shower." He whispered sarcastically. "A party." He said seriously and I made a face.