twenty four

"With a new day comes new strength and new thoughts."- E.R

Song for this chapter: Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding

.

.

"Wake up!" I jolted awake when ice cold water landed all over my body. "Oh my God!" I screamed as I jumped up from the bed. I looked over and saw Meredith kneeled over from laughing. "That was great!" She said while clapping her hands.

"I hate you!" I told her as I shivered from the cold. "Now you don't have to do the ice bucket challenge!" She said while still laughing. "Now." She said while taking a deep breath. "Get ready, we're going to be late." She said and threw a towel at me. 

"Look on the bright side! You don't have to take a shower now!" She laughed then slammed my door shut. I groaned as I looked at my soaking wet bed. I pulled the duvet and the sheets off my bed and pushed them into a pile in the corner.

I pulled my wet clothes off of my body then threw them into the laundry basket. "I'm going to kill her." I mumbled to myself as I tried to make my hair presentable. I gave up after a while and let it do whatever it wanted.

I pulled on dry clothes then grabbed my bag from the corner. I hauled the duvet and sheets into my arms then struggled to go down the stairs. I opened the front door then laid my bag on the side, then continued to bring the sheets and duvet outside.

I struggled to drape the wet bedding over the clothesline. It was luckily a sunny day, so it should be dry by the time I come home from school. "What are you doing out here?" Meredith's voice called out to me as I finished putting it on the clothesline.

"I'm drying my sheets." I told her with a sigh. I stepped back when I finished then turned to look at her. "You ready?" She asked and I nodded. I walked back into the house and grabbed my bag then followed her into her car.

It didn't take too long to get to school, but we were about 5 minutes late. "I'll see you at math." Meredith said as we parted ways. I made my way to my English class and once again, sat in the back. I sighed as I pulled my backpack onto my lap.

I pulled out the work I had overdue from the weeks I took off, then went back to the front of the class and laid the papers on the teachers desk. The teacher came in and examined the papers before setting them on the side of his desk.

"Mr. Styles... Late again, I see." Mr. Lade commented as Harry entered the room, looking exhausted. "Sorry, Mr. Lade. Won't happen again." Harry said as he came over and sat in the seat next to me. "Very well." Mr. Lade said as he went on to teach the class.

When class ended I shoved my book back into my backpack and threw it over my shoulder. "Why were you late?" I asked Harry as he followed me out of the classroom. "I woke up late." He said as we walked to my locker.

I shrugged my backpack off of my shoulders and shoved it into my locker. I took out my math book and homework, then slammed my locker door shut. "Be careful, you're going to hurt your hand again." He said looking at the cast on my hand.

"Yeah, well, it won't make much of a difference. I need to go back to the doctors at lunch to get the cast changed." I told him and he shot me a confused look. "Why?" He asked and I laughed. "I wasn't supposed to get it wet." I told him.

"Oh, oops." He said with a chuckle. "Yep. Well, I've got to get to class. I'll see you in history." I told him with a nod of my head. "See you then." He smiled and walked the other direction. I made my way to my history class and sat next to Meredith.