twenty eight

"Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned from here."-M.W

Song for this chapter: Why Try by Ariana Grande

.

.

"Harry, we've been driving for hours. Can't we stop for a little bit?" I pleaded as exhaustion took over my body. "Just sleep in here, Cay." He said with a sigh. "I can't. It's too uncomfortable." I complained with a groan.

"Fine. We'll stop at the next exit." He agreed and I sighed happily. He did as he said and pulled off at the next exit. We parked in the small parking lot of a Holiday Inn. I opened the door and welcomed the fresh air that brushed against my face.

\]My legs were wobbly from sitting so long. I struggled to walk as my legs loosened up. "Need help?" Harry asked with an amused smirk on his face. "Screw you." I scoffed as I got my legs working better. Harry walked passed me quickly and went into the hotel.

"Don't wait up." I grumbled under my breath. "Don't worry I won't." He rudely replied. I rolled my eyes as I pulled my small bag out of the car. I pulled it over my shoulder and walked in the steps Harry had taken a few moments ago.

I struggled to open the outrageously heavy door to the hotel. Seriously, what do they make these things with? After I managed to get into the hotel lobby, I sighed and looked up to see Harry staring at me already.

I gave him a hard stare and he turned his head back to the man at the front desk. I stood a good 50 feet from the desk, not wanting to be near Harry. "Unfortunately, Mr. Styles, we only have rooms with one bed available." The man explained.

"Would you like it?" The man asked hesitantly. Harry looked over to me quickly then turned his gaze back to the man behind the desk. "Sure." He said sarcastically. I'm not sure if the man caught on, if he did he chose to ignore it.

He typed a few things into the computer in front of him then handed Harry two rooms cards. "Thank you." Harry told the man then walked towards the elevators, brushing past me easily. I rocked back and forth the heels of my feet.

"What are you doing?" He asked as the elevator doors opened, but I didn't follow him. "I'm not sharing a bed with you." I said stubbornly. "Okay, then you have a choice between going up to that room or going back in the car." He said with his arms crossed.

"This wasn't my idea to stay." He said with an emotionless look. I sighed in defeat, knowing he had won, and went into the elevator. He had a smug look on his face which made me even more angry. "Sorry." Harry mumbled so I could barely hear it.

I chose to act like I couldn't hear it. I just glared hardly at the elevator doors until they opened. When they did, I quickly exited the much too small metal box. "I know you heard me." Harry said as he caught up with me easily.

I shrugged and chose to give him the silent treatment. "Silent treatment?" Harry said with a chuckle. When we got to the room Harry inserted the room card and quickly pulled it out and pushed the door open. 

I shoved past him and threw my stuff on the bed. "Caylah." He sing-songed, trying to get me to speak to him. "Do you think this is some kind of joke?" I said finally, standing up from the bed. "Of course not." He said and I shook my head.

"Then start acting like it." I scoffed. "You need to relax, Cay." He told me. "I want my phone." I told him sternly. "I can't give it to you. I don't know who you'd call." He said making me furious. "I'm not a piece of property, Harry. Give me my fucking phone. I won't call the cops on you." I said angrily.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked and I scoffed. "You forced me out of my home, dragged me to God knows where, you won't let me call my family, and now you won't give me my phone!" I exclaimed. "Just, leave me alone." I said as I brushed past him and exited the hotel room.

I went down the stairs to the lobby, not trusting the never ending elevator rides. I walked outside and shivered when the cold air hit me. I shrugged it off and continued walking to wherever my legs were carrying me to. 

I crossed my arms tightly over my chest, trying to get whatever warmth I could get. I passed by a few shops before stopping at a tiny convectional store. The automatic doors slid open and a warm breeze blew my hair all over the place.

I felt in my pockets for any type of money and to my luck there was a dollar bill in my back pocket. I went to the cashier desk and unfolded the dollar. "Can I have quarters for this?" I asked and placed the bill on the counter.

"Sure." The woman replied and opened the cash register, giving me 4 quarters. I quickly thanked her and went outside to use the payphone. I slipped in 2 quarters then dialed Liam's number. After a few rings the phone was picked up.

"Liam?" I asked when the call connected. "Caylah?" He asked sounding confused. "Liam, I need you." I said with tears pricking my eyes. "What's wrong?" He questioned, sounding worried. "I wanna go home." I cried.

"I don't know where I am. I want to get away from Harry." I choked out. "Let me check something." Liam said and I heard a few muffled noises. "The caller I.D on the phone you're calling from is from Illinois." He said.

"I don't know where he's taking me, but we're stopped for the night and I don't want to be here." I sobbed. I heard him sigh and then after a few moments of silence he spoke. "I'm coming to get you." He said and I felt a little relief inside me.

"Go back to where you're staying and hang tight till morning. I'll be there as soon as I can." Liam promised. "Thank you, Li." I said with a sniffle. "Be safe." He said and the line went dead. I hung it up and wiped my eyes before trying to locate the hotel.

When I got back I reluctantly climbed the stairs to get back into the room. Much to my relief when I opened the door Harry wasn't there. I quickly changed and crawled under the covers of the bed and let myself fall asleep to the comforting fact that Liam was coming tomorrow.

.

.

[A/N: YIKES. I'm bad at updating. I'm sorry guys. Until I get caught up chapters are gonna be short. My computer's still broken and we can't find anyone to fix it so I'm using a really slow computer right now. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE! Who's heard Four? It's amazing oh my god. 18 is totally about Larry. My favorite song is probably Night Changes or Girl Almighty. Comment what your favorite is!]