twenty three

"It's a rather rude gesture, but at least it's clear what you mean."-K.H

Song for this chapter: Irresistable by One Direction

.

.

Harry froze at my words. I felt guilt eat at my stomach as he sat back from me. "You really think that?" He whispered brokenly. "Y-You didn't let me finish." I stuttered pathetically. He looked at me expectantly as I gulped nervously.

"You're a monster...but..." I trailed off not really knowing where I was going with this. "But..." I started again. "You're different." I finished. "So, I'm different from all the other monsters you know?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, you're different because you're kind. You're not evil like I'd imagine other vampires to be. You actually care about me. You being a vampire is just the title of being a monster, but you're so much more than that." 

He got a small smile on his face. "If you're about to say something cheesy, please don't." I said with a look of disgust. "Aw, why not?" He whined and I rolled my eyes. "Love sick guys are gross." I said and he smirked at me.

"Love sick guys?" He asked with an amused smile. "So, you're telling me that you don't like me?" I questioned and he sighed. "You're right I do like you." He smiled. "But, I'm not love sick." He said and I laughed.

"You're like sick." I said and he laughed at me. "Yes, I'm like sick." He said and enveloped me into a hug. Some how I ended up being thrown over his shoulder. "Harry, I will kick you in the balls if you don't put me down." I threatened.

"I'd like to see you try." He challenged. I was about to say something in retaliation, but I didn't have the chance to before I was thrown in the water. "Harry!" I screeched as I resurfaced. "Yes?" He hummed innocently.

"I hate you." I told him as I made my way back to land. "Liar." He teased. "Whatever." I sighed as I pulled my body out of the water. "I'm sorry." He apologized, but he still had an amused smile playing on his lips. "Yeah right." 

"Harry, can I ask you something?" I asked as he came over to sit down next to me. "You just did." He smirked. "Harry." I whined. "I know," He laughed. "Okay." He smiled. "When did you become a vampire?" I asked.

"2001." He told me and I nodded. "Not that long." I noted and he shrugged. "It seems longer." He sighed. "So, you were born in 1981?" I asked and he nodded. "So, you're actually 33?" I asked with wide eyes. "Oh God, I've kissed a 33 year old." I cringed.

"Shut up." He laughed and nudged my shoulder. "How is all of you family dead then?" I asked, but regretted it when I saw his shoulders slouch. "You don't have to answer that." I told him quickly and he nodded. "Another time." He said.

"Can I ask you one more thing?" I said, trying to fight a smile. "Sure." He said. "What is the meaning of applesauce?" I said randomly and he looked at me like I was insane. "Okay, I think you've gotten enough sun for the day." He laughed and stood up, then held out his hands to help me up.

I went over to the rock I had laid my clothes on and saw that they were nearly dry. I just threw on my shirt and took my pants and my shoes with me. "No pants?" Harry questioned with a smirk. "Nope, but don't get any ideas."

"Ew, we have school tomorrow." I said after a little bit of walking. "I know." He said. "Then I have work after that." I told him, but he probably didn't care. "I'm going to be so tired." I sighed in annoyance. "You'll live." He said, so I slapped his arm.

"Why ya gotta be so rude? Don't ya know I'm human too?" He sang and I glared at him. "You're not even human." I told him and he shrugged. "I can dream can't I?" He laughed. "No." I told him. "Dream crusher." He said with a pouting face.