twenty six

"Conflict grows out of ignorance and suspicion."-G.H

Song for this chapter: Dracula by Bea Miller

.

.

The next day when I woke up memories of the previous night flooded my head. Harry and I pretty much stayed up half the night just talking. It just registered in my brain that Harry had stayed the night and my head was laying on his chest currently.

I knew he wasn't sleeping, obviously. I looked up and him to see him already looking at me. "Good morning." He smiled happily. "Good morning." I smiled tiredly as I snuggled into his side. "What time is it?" I asked as I closed my eyes again.

"Around ten." He said and I shot my eyes open. "We have school!" I exclaimed. "Relax, I called and said that you weren't feeling well." He said and I calmed down. "How many days can I get out of school before they kick me out?" I mumbled.

"I won't let them kick you out." He said and I remembered his mind control thing. "My dad will kill me if he finds out you stayed the night." I mumbled into Harry's chest as I remembered Robert from the previous night.

"He won't find out." Harry assured me. "I don't think he'd really care anyways." He said and I shrugged. "After last night, I think he would." I told him, still half asleep. "What happened last night?" He said, sounding concerned.

"Nothing really important." I told him trying to get off the subject. "Then you won't have any problem telling me." He said and I sighed. "I doesn't even matter, but if you must know there was some guy in my house last night."

"Wait, someone broke into your house?!" He exclaimed with widened eyes. "No, no, no." I said quickly. "My dad knows him or something. His name is Robert and he claims he knows bad things about you and that I should stay away." I told him.

"Wait, Robert?" He questioned with his eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah." I said as I traced shapes with my thumb on his chest. "Do you know him?" I asked, pausing and looking up at him. He hesitated before speaking. "No, of course not." He said looking away from me.

"Harry, don't lie to me." I said sternly. "He's nobody." He said and I groaned. "Why can't you just tell me?" I asked, feeling irritated. "He's just-" He was cut off by his phone ringing. He got lucky this time. "Sorry, I have to answer this." He said looking relieved.

He walked out of the room and into the hallway. I groaned and face planted into the bed. A few minutes later my door reopened and he stepped in. "I've gotta go, love." He said with a sympathetic smile. "Yeah, yeah." I waved him off and sat up.

"Will you be back later?" I asked and he nodded. "Of course." He said and leaned down gently kissing my lips. "Okay." I smiled as he pulled away. "Okay." He smiled and literally jumped out of the window. I shook my head and closed it behind him.

With one last wave he disappeared into thin air. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair before deciding to get a shower. I spent a longer time than necessary, but it felt good and I have nothing better to do.

When I was done getting dressed and doing my hair I quickly sent Meredith and Liam a text asking them if they wanted to hang out. We decided to meet up after they got out of school at some restaurant down the street.

I waited around and watched reruns of The Simpsons until around 3:30. I quickly got dressed and threw my shoes on before grabbing my keys from my desk and going downstairs. I climbed into my car and cranked the heat up high.

Winter was approaching too quickly for my liking. It was supposed to snow all next week and I definitely wasn't happy about that. Then again, that means school cancellations. Which I guess those are good. I turned on the stereo and drove down the road.