eleven

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."-B.W

Song for this chapter: Hurt So Good by Carly Rae Jepsen

.

.

When we got to the auto repair shop I spotted my car sitting in the parking lot. I clapped my hands together in excitement seeing that the huge dent that was there has now disappeared. She quickly parked near the entrance so we wouldn't have to walk that far in the pouring rain. 

We made our way into the shop and we were met with old looking guys with beer guts. I flinched at the sight, but I quickly composed myself and walked up to the counter with my mom beside me. "Can I help you?" A voice grumbled. 

I wrinkled my nose in disgust from the oder that was coming from his breath. "Yes, we're here to pick up my daughters car." She said politely. "Name?" He answered sounding very annoyed. "Melissa Winters." My mom responded to him. 

He bent down behind the counter and later revealed himself with my keys in his hand. I don't know how I felt about his dirty looking hands touching my keys, or my car for that matter. "I just need to see your I.D and then you're good to go." He mumbled and my mom nodded digging in her purse for her I.D.

Once she got it she showed it to him, he barely even looked at it which I wasn't surprised by. "Okay." He said roughly and set my keys on the table. He turned around and walked out of the room which was incredibly rude, but I wasn't going to say anything. 

"Here you go." My mom said, happily giving me my keys. I smiled in excitement as the keys landed in my hand. We walked out of the tire smelling room and went outside the door. As soon as we exited the car keys were snatched from my hand.

I knew my mom didn't do it so bitch mode activated. "Hey! What the fuck!" I exclaimed angrily and kicked the guy where the sun don't shine, hard I might add. "Fuck!" The person shouted and cowered in pain. It was then I realized who the guy was.

"Harry?!" I gasped and felt guilt gathering inside of me. I leaned down and touched his shoulder in worry. "Are you okay!? Oh my god, I'm so so sorry!" I rushed out and he kneeled down clutching his crotch. "Fuck." He repeated while groaning in pain.

He slowly stood back up and gave me a glare. "Are you okay?" I asked again feeling my cheeks rush with heat from embarrassment. "Just peachy." He said and held the hand with my keys out. I took them from him cautiously. 

"Why did you take my keys?" I asked as I stuck them in my back pocket. He ignored me and I fought the urge to laugh at what I just did. I couldn't hold it back any longer and I burst out laughing. "Caylah!" My mom scolded, but I couldn't stop laughing.

"I-I can't-" I said while leaning a hand on Harry's shoulder for balance as I laughed. "Y-Your face." I choked out and laughed so hard tears were coming out of my eyes. "It's not funny, Caylah." He said and I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry." I said with an extremely amused smile. Suddenly Harry got a mischievous smile on his lips. "Hey Mrs. W, we'll see you later." Harry said and before I could ask what he meant I was thrown over his shoulder.

"Harry!" I exclaimed. "Put me down!" I said and hit his back repeatedly. "Mom!" I called out as we got farther away from her. "Sorry, honey!" She chuckled and waved at me as Harry held me hostage. My butt was dangerously close to Harry's face which made me very uncomfortable.

"Put me down!" I exclaimed again, but he just chuckled. "No." He said and walked towards my car. Once we got to it he put me down and pushed me against the car. "Hey." He smiled flirtatiously as he came closer to me.