forty

"Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty."-B.G

Song for this chapter: Haunted by Taylor Swift

.

.

"Harry, stop." I said for the thousandth time as he tried to break through the door and the window. "Why won't it break?!" He yelled and hit the window one more time before sighing and sitting down on the bedroom floor.

"Do you honestly think they'd put us in a room that we could get out of?" I asked with my eyebrows raised. He shot me a glare and I pursed my lips with my arms crossed. "What do they want?" I asked him and he sighed. 

"They want you dead." He said and my eyes widened. "I meant to tell you, but you were so happy to be back. I was going to tell you in the car." He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "What are we supposed to do?" I asked hopelessly.

"I don't know." He said with his lips formed in a tight line. "You always have a plan, Harry." I said nervously. "Well, I don't this time." He said with a shrug. "You're acting like don't even care!" I exclaimed loudly.

"You think I don't care?! I've been trying to get you out of this for months!" He yelled back at me. I sighed and bit my lip. "You're right... I'm sorry." I apologized. He nodded his head and look down at the ground for awhile.

"How long do you think we'll be in here." I asked him. "I don't know. Probably until morning." He said with a sigh. "You should sleep." He said and motioned towards the bed. I nodded and went over to the rundown bed.

I laid down and looked over at Harry. "Harry?" I whispered and he looked at me. "Will you lay with me?" I asked him and he nodded before standing up and coming to the bed. He laid down next to me and draped his arm over my waist. "I love you." I told him. "I love you so much more."

.

I was awoken by the door slamming open. Harry and I both jumped up, startled from the noise. Harry got off the bed with fury in his eyes. He ran after Robert, but was pulled back by the two men from the night before.

"What the fuck!?" Harry exclaimed as he tried to get the men off of him. "Now, now, Harry." Robert said with a sick smile. "Calm down, would you? You wouldn't want your girlfriend to get hurt would you?" He said as he looked over at me.

"Get off." Harry said and shrugged the men off. I walked over to him and he pulled me by his side. I grabbed his hand and he squeezed it reassuringly. "Aren't you two just adorable?" Robert spat with a sick smile.

"What do you want?" Harry spat back at him. "You're in no position to ask questions." Robert spoke and approached me. "You're coming with me." He said as he pulled my arm. Harry was quick to protest, but he was no match for the other men in the room.

He was held back, much to his dismay. I tried to pull away from Robert's grip, but he was a lot stronger than me. I took one last glance at Harry as I was pulled out of the room. I was pulled down endless flights of stairs until we reached the bottom level.

He loosened his grip on me slightly, but still not enough so I could slip out. I could hear banging from upstairs, obviously being Harry trying to get out of the room. "Will he give it up?" Robert said with a roll of his eyes.

"He leaves me no choice." He said with a fake look of sympathy. Before my mind come comprehend what was happening, Robert was pulling something out of his coat. A knife. I screamed as he scraped the knife against my stomach.

Indescribable pain ripped through my body. I collapsed to the floor while clutching my stomach. "Now, now... Don't cause a scene." Robert said and pulled me up off the floor, letting another rip of pain go through my body.

I could hear the banging from upstairs getting louder. Harry smelled the blood. My blood. Robert realized I wasn't going to be able to walk so he picked me up and led me through a door. It was early morning. The sun was still rising. 

He opened a car door and put me inside then climbed in next to me and slamming the door shut. I was seeing black spots and I was dizzy. Probably from the blood loss. Robert didn't even give me a second glance before he told the driver where to go.

.

.

[A/N: This is so short I'm so sorry. I've been trying to write this chapter for 3 days and I know how I want the story to end, but it's the details in between I'm having trouble with. BUT! There's about 2 chapters left! That's exciting. This story is almost a year old and I'm really thankful to everyone that reads it!]