thirteen

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."-H.T

Song for this chapter: Runaway by Avril Lavigne

.

.

When I woke up the next morning I felt like a total idiot. What was I thinking? I almost agreed to Harry. This is why I can't drink alcohal. I'm just glad I sobered up enough to say no. I thought back on last night and I jumped up in my bed.

Meredith and Dylan better be gone. I got out of my bed and basically ran to the guest room. I was relieved when I saw the empty bed and no sign of them being there. "You okay?" I turned quickly to meet my mother's worried looking face.

"You look like you just saw a ghost." She chuckled. I shook my head vigorlessly. "Nope, I'm good." I said and walked back to my room. She shook her head at me and walked downstairs. I got a quick shower and got dressed for the day. 

I really wanted to hang out with Liam. I've been spending more time with Harry then I have with him and that's just weird. I tapped Liam's contact on my phone and clicked call. The phone rang a few times before he picked up.

"Liam!" I said dragging out his name. "Yes?" He said while chuckling. "Want to do something? Like, see a movie or overthrow the government?" I asked and he laughed. "How do you plan on overthrowing the government?" He asked and I shrugged even though he couldn't see me.

"I'll wing it." I said. "What would they think if a 17 year old girl and a British guy tried to overthrow the goverment?" He questioned and I thought it over in my head. "Well, if a 17 year old girl and a British guy even thought about overthrowing the goverment they obviously aren't doing their job right." I laughed.

"Nope." He agreed. "Anyways," I said knowing that the conversation was getting boring. "What do you wanna do?" I asked. "Movie works for me." He said and I nodded. "Okay, meet me in a half an hour?" I questioned. "Yep, bye Cay." I hung up the phone and got my shoes on.

"Mom, I'm going to see a movie with Liam!" I called out to her as I started for the front door. "Okay, be back by 10!" She yelled back and I stepped out the door to my car. As I drove down the road I made a decision that I was going to stay away from Harry at all costs.

After last night I now know that all he wants is sex and I'm not giving it to him. I need to stay as far away as possible. After about 15 minutes of driving I spotted the slightly run down movie theatre. It wasn't horrible, but it definately wasn't a 5 star movie theatre.

I parked my car in the closest spot I could find and walked towards the doors. It was really warm out so I just waited outside until Liam got there. I texted him a few minutes telling him that I was here and he said he'd be here soon. 

A few seconds later a car pulled up at the front of the theatre and I started to freak out. This wasn't excatly the best area of town, but I was especially freaked out because it was a black car with tinted windows. 

I sighed of relief when Liam got out of the passenger seat. I looked into the car to see Harry in the drivers seat. We made eye contact, but I quickly tore my gaze from him and fixated it on Liam. "Hey." I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Hi." He said hugging me back. "Long time no see." He said and I laughed. "Yes, it's been what 3 weeks?" I questioned and he nodded. "Well, let's go." I said and walked in front of him into the building. I walked up to the counter and looked at the movies that were showing.

"What do you wanna see?" I said rocking back and forth on my feet. "What's showing?" He asked and I pointed to the board above the counter. I looked over the names and gasped. "Liam! Can we please see Divergent?" I asked and he shot me a worried look.

"Is it a chick flick?" He asked and I chuckled. "Not really." I said and he gave me a look, not believing me. "Well, kind of, but it's actionish." I said and he sighed in defeat. "Fine." He said and I cheered happily. 

"Two tickets for Divergent." Liam said reluctantly to the guy at the counter. The guy gave us our tickets and we got drinks and went to theatre 8. "If this is a hard core chick flick I'm going to kill you." Liam said and I laughed at him.  "Whatever you say, Liam." I chuckled. 

.

.

[Skipping movie]

.

.

"That was so good." I said as I threw my now empty cup into the garbage. "It wasn't bad." Liam shrugged. "What would you be?" I asked and he shrugged again. "Probably Erudite." He said and I made a face. 

"But, they're the bad guys." I said and he nodded. "They are, but they're all freakishly smart." He said and I sighed. "What would you be?" He asked and I pondered over it. "Probably dauntless." I said and he laughed at me.

"You? Dauntless? Caylah, you get hurt if someone touches you." He said and I rolled my eyes jokingly at him. "I could be bad ass if I wanted to be." I told him and he nodded his head with an amused smile. "Sure, you could."

We left that conversation like that as we walked to the parking lot. "Do you need a ride home?" I asked him knowing that Harry dropped him off. "Yeah, thanks." He said and followed me to my car. I got into the drivers seat and waited for him to get in before I drove off.

"So, you've been spending a lot of time with Harry lately." Liam said and I groaned internally. "Well, not anymore." I said. "When's the last time you saw him?" He asked and I bit my lip. "Last night." I admitted and I saw him roll his eyes at me from the corner of my eye. 

"He's very persistant. He won't let you stop talking to him." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why not?" I asked and he sighed. "Harry always gets what he wants." He said and I didn't respond. I didn't know what to say to that.

"Just be careful, Caylah." He said and I looked over at him quickly before looking back to the road. "What do you mean?" I asked feeling worried. "Harry, he's-" He paused. "He's different." He said and I sighed. "How is he different?" I pressed.

"He just is, Caylah. And I don't know what I'd do if he hurt you." He said and I got the feeling he didn't mean hurt me emotionally. "Liam, how would he hurt me?" I asked worriedly. "I can't tell you. He has to." He said and I felt my heart beat quicken.

"He isn't dangerous like, killing someone dangerous is he?" I asked not wanting to know the answer. Liam didn't respond and I knew the answer from that. The rest of the car ride was silent. I pulled into his driveway and he hesitated before getting out.

"Try to stay away, Cay." He said and shut the door leaving me to my thoughts. I quickly looked to his house and saw the window by the front door. The curtain was closed, but I saw Harry looking out at me. I panicked and put the car in reverse and drove away from the house. 

Try to stay away.