four

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."-A.O

Song for this chapter: Through the Dark by One Direction

.

.

"Seriously, though. Why did you come to my house?" I asked as we cruised down the road. "I guess I just wanted to apologize." He said glancing over at me. "You couldn't have called me? Or texted me?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Felt too impersonal." He explained. "Plus, it seemed like it was perfect timing." He added and I nodded in agreement. "Thanks again." I half-smiled at him, which he returned. "Anytime." He said as we pulled into a parking lot. 

"Where are we?" I asked as I unfastened my seat belt. "My friend owns this place." He said gesturing to the tattoo parlor in front of us. I opened the passenger door and hopped out. "Why are we here?" I asked and he looked over at me.

"You ask a lot of questions don't you?" He smiled at me and I looked at my feet. "I guess." I said and followed Harry into the parlor. "Aye! Harry!" A man exclaimed and clapped Harry on the back. "Hey." Harry replied and stepped back near me. 

"Zayn! Harry's here!" The man called behind him and a few seconds later a very tattooed man, Zayn I'm assuming walked into the room. "Long time no see!" He smiled at Harry and Harry nodded slowly. "Yeah." He said. 

"Who's this?" Zayn asked looking me up and down. I fought the urge to step closer to Harry. I smiled polietely as Harry introduced us. "Zayn, this is Caylah Winters. Caylah, this is Zayn Malik." Harry introduced us and I shook his hand. 

"Your girl?" The man that greeted us said and Harry shook his head. "Friend." He informed them and he nodded. "I'm Niall." The man said and shook my hand. "Caylah." I smiled slightly and stepped back beside Harry, again. 

"What can we do for you?" Zayn asked leaning on the counter. "I came to get a tattoo, obviously." Harry smiled and I looked over at him. Seriously? He took me here so he could get a tattoo? "Right, come on." Zayn said motioning for Harry to follow him. 

I started to sit down in one of the chairs, but then Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "What are you doing?" He asked confusedly. "The better question is: what are you doing?" I said. "You didn't think I'd let you just sit here, did you?" He said and I nodded slowly.

"Well, you're not." He said entwining our fingers and pulled me into the room with him. "Harry." I whined and he let go of my hand. "What do you want this time, Harry?" Zayn asked and patted the chair in front of him for Harry to sit down. 

Harry sat down and watched Zayn clean off the tools. "I wan't 'I can't change' written on my wrist." He explained and showed Zayn where he wanted his tattoo. Zayn disinfected the skin where Harry wanted it with an antiseptic wipe. 

"Zayn." Harry said and gave him a weird look. Zayn's eyes widened in realization and he got up. "Right, I'll go get the ink." He said and unplugged something from the tattoo gun. "Isn't that the ink?" I asked gesturing to the thing he just took out of the gun. 

"Er, uh, yeah. Zayn has different ink for me." Harry stuttered and I titled my head in confusion. "Special ink?" I questioned and he nodded. By the look on his face I knew he wasn't going to tell me what that meant so I let it slide. 

Zayn came back with the ink and pushed it into the gun. He turned on the machine and a buzzing sound came off of it. He carefully wrote the words into Harry's wrist. Harry didn't even flinch which honestly shocked me. 

I wanted a tattoo, but my mom never agreed to it and considering I'm only 17 I still wouldn't be allowed to get one. Once Zayn was done with Harry's tattoo he put some kind of ointment on it and wrapped plastic wrap around it. 

"You're turn." Harry joked and I laughed slightly. "I wish." I said and he looked at me. "Seriously?" He asked and I nodded. "I've always wanted a tattoo, but my mom always said no." I explained to him. "Well, why don't you get one now?" He said motioning to the chair he was just sitting in.

"Harry, no. I'm only 17 and I don't have my moms permission. That's like, illegal." I told him and he shrugged. "Zayn would do it. Right, Zayn?" Harry asked Zayn and Zayn shrugged. "Why not?" He said and I smiled. 

"Really?" I said hopefully and he nodded. "Take a seat." Zayn said and I sat down. I was nervous but at the same time excited. "Harry, if I cry it's your fault." I joked and he rolled his eyes with an amused smile on his lips. 

"How about I hold your hand?" He said and I nodded. "Okay." I agreed. Zayn exchanged the inks and sterilized the gun. "I want a few birds here." I said motioning to the side of my forearm. "I can do that." Zayn winked and I blushed. 

After repeating everything he did to prep Harry on me, he turned the gun on. I grabbed Harry's hand and closed my eyes tight, anticipating the pain. I grasped Harry's hand harder as the needle hit my skin. I heard Zayn chuckle which made me smile. 

After 15 painful minutes we were back in the lobby of the parlor. "Remember, keep that wrap on it for a week, Caylah!" Zayn said as we were about to leave. "Why aren't you telling Harry this?" I laughed and he froze and looked over to Harry. 

What? "Love, have you seen me?" He said gesturing to all his tattoos. "I guess." I said and everyone exchanged goodbye's and we left. Harry opened the passenger door for me again and I hopped in and thanked him. 

He turned on the ignition and we drove down the road we came from. "I had fun. Thank you for this." I smiled at him as we turned onto my road. "I had fun too." He smiled thoughtfully and pulled into my driveway. 

"Harry, there's one thing I have to ask you." I said and turned towards him. "Yes?" He said expectantly. "Is there some kind of British alliance in New York?" I asked and he burst out laughing. "You can call it that." He smiled. 

"Hm, okay. As long as that's all cleared up I guess I can go now." I said and opened the passenger door. "I'll text you." He said and I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Sure you will." I said and shut the door. "I will!" I heard him call out the window as I walked on the porch. "Bye, Harry." I wiggled my fingers at him and smiled. "Bye, Caylah." He smiled back at me and pulled out of my driveway. I smiled to myself and walked into the house.