sixteen

"Get mad, then get over it."-C.P

Song for this chapter: Rejects by 5 Seconds of Summer

.

.

The next morning I was challenged with trying to get ready. I pulled my shirt kind of over my head, but my arm got stuck when I tried to pull it through the sleeve. "Mom!" I called out for help, chuckling at myself while doing so.

"What?!" She came running in sounding panicked, but I couldn't tell if she actually was because my shirt was still over my face. "Help?" I said probably looking like a lunatic. She laughed and then helped tug my arm through the sleeve. 

After doing so I pulled my head through the top and thanked her. "I still can't believe you did that." She said with distaste while looking at my cast. My moms reaction wasn't a very good one when she found out what happened, but it was very amusing. 

.

.

[Flashback]

.

.

When we got to my house I turned to face Harry. "You can come in." I said reluctantly. He smiled cockily and then walked beside me into the house. "Mom! I'm home!" I called throwing the house key back under the mat.

I heard her footsteps on the hardwood floor as she came around to me. "Hi, honey." She smiled, but it turned into a gasp once she saw my hand. "What happened?" She asked coming closer to me in concern. 

"Harry made me slam my fingers in my locker." I said and his eyes widened. "No I-" He was cut off by my now fuming mom. "What?!" She yelled glaring at him. "Yeah, my hand was in my locker and he just slammed it, now I have broken fingers." I said trying to hide my amused smile.

"Get out of my house!" My mom yelled at Harry and he looked like he saw a ghost. "I swear I didn't do anything!" He said with his hands help up in surrender. "Get out of my house right now, young man!" My mom yelled and pointed her finger angrily to the door.

He looked at me with pleading eyes, but I didn't say anything to her. He shook his head and obeyed my mom. Shutting the door quietly on his way out. I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. "M-Mom, he didn't do it." I laughed so hard tears were coming out my eyes. 

"What?" She said, still angry. "I was kidding! He would never do that." I said, still laughing. Her anger faded and she looked guilty. "Oh goodness." She said and ran to the door, opening it, and looking side to side.

"He's gone." She said with a frown, making me laugh even harder. "This isn't funny! I feel awful now!" She said, but even she couldn't hide her amused smile. I wiped my eyes and sighed heavily. "I'm going to my room now." I said and made my way up to my room, chuckling slightly.

.

.

[Present Time]

.

.

I laughed at the memory and my mom rolled her eyes at me, looking embarrassed. "That was absolutely priceless." I said and she shook her head at me. "Caylah Winters, what am I going to do with you?" She said and I shrugged. She patted my shoulder then left me to get ready.

I tugged on my shorts then grabbed my phone from it's charger. I clicked the home button as I pulled on my shoes. I scrolled through my notifications, most from Twitter and some from Instagram, but no messages. I'm so popular.