thirty one

*SURPRISE. EARLY UPDATE!*

"Time flies over us, but it leaves its shadow behind."-N.H

Song for this chapter: Words by Jacob Whitesides

.

.

 My thumbs drummed against the steering wheel as I drove away from the hotel. Liam had dropped me off there 3 days ago. He had to go home and go back to work and school. He kept yelling at me that I had to continue my education.

I knew I had to continue it, but I didn't know how I was supposed to do that right now. I'm going to get thrown out soon if I don't attend. Liam suggested homeschooling, but I don't have access to a computer right now.

I was currently driving around a small town around Philadelphia. I didn't really like the area, but it's as close as I could get to home. Harry was serious when he said no calls, or texts, or anything for the week. I've gotten just that.

Absolutely nothing. He's doing what I ask, but I'm going insane. I've had no contact with anyone lately. Meredith is too busy with school. Liam is trying to work and go to school. Harry's giving me space. My dad probably thinks I died.

I cringed when I remembered I haven't visited my moms grave in months. I kept telling myself that it wasn't her. She was somewhere in Heaven or wherever you go after you die. The tombstone was just a memory of her.

The coffin in the ground didn't hold her, it holds her body. I still felt as if that was a place I could talk to her, feel connected to her, but the pit in my stomach couldn't bring me to visit her. Now, when I want to, I can't.

I pulled into the Starbucks that I had grown all too familiar with. I parked in what felt like my spot and opened the car door. I still had enough money that Harry had given me for the rest of the week. I opened the door to Starbucks and walked to the register.

"It's you again." The barista, Lily, laughed as I entered. "Me again." I laughed with her. "The usual?" She asked and I nodded. I felt my cheeks burn as I felt like I came here way too much in the past 3 days. It had free wifi and amazing drinks. Why not, right?

"That'll be 3 dollars and 25 cents." Lily smiled and took the money from my hands. "What are you still doing in town?" She asked as she gave me my change. "I'm here for a few more days. Till the end of the week." I explained to her.

"I see. Well, if you're going to be here till Friday, I guess I'll see you on Thursday." She smiled and I nodded. "Thank you." I told her as I took my hot chocolate from her grasp. "Anytime." She replied and waved as I walked out the front door.

I struggled to open the car door with my hands full. I finally succeeded and sat down in the car, putting the cup into the cup holder. I put the car in reverse and drove away from Starbucks. I knew this town by the back of my hand in a matter of days.

It was too small for my liking. I wanted to get back to the suburbs where I could drive 10 minutes and be in New York City. This small town in the middle of no where didn't appeal to me much anymore. There was a mall, but I didn't want to spend my money on anything that wasn't necessary.

I had nothing left to do here. I was depressed and I had no one to talk to. I drove to the mall just because I felt like it. I quickly walked inside and walked into Forever 21. I browsed the racks and tried to keep my purchases to a minimum.

A pair of black heels caught my eye in the back of the store. I went over and grabbed the display shoe to take a closer look at it. It was a little bit too high for my liking, but I searched for my size anyways. I slipped the shoe on my foot and made sure I wasn't going to kill myself in them.

When I felt comfortable enough, I stuck the shoe into the box and gripped the box in my hand. I continued to browse the racks and got a few graphic t-shirts and a few flannels. There was a dress on the rack that caught my eye.

It was black and really tight, but there was something about it that made me grab it off of the rack. I held it up to my body and it came just above mid thigh. That means it was probably super short. I sighed and began to put it back.

I checked the price tag and it read $12.59. My eyes widened in surprise. It was probably going to rip as soon as I wore it. I shrugged to myself and took it back off of the rack. I threw it over my arm and decided it was time to leave.

I didn't need to spend more money than I needed to. I put the clothing onto the counter and a girl with cotton candy colored hair rang them through. "Could I interest you in a gift receipt?" She asked with a fake smile.

"Uh, no. They're mine." I said with a forced chuckle. She looked me up and down with a look of disgust and nodded. "Oh. My bad." She said in an obnoxious tone. "Yeah." I said while rolling my eyes. She scanned the rest of the items and threw them in a bag.

"Have a nice day." She said and I nodded. "Bye." I said with a scoff and walked out of the store. I brought my bags to the car and put them in the trunk. I put the car in reverse and drove back to the hotel. I was going out tonight.

.

.

[A/N: THIS IS TERRIBLE IM SORRY. I NEEDED A CHAPTER WITH JUST CAYLAH. I'M SORRY. BUT- Keep reading and if you'd like to follow me on twitter or help promote Immortal follow me @JmwFtHoran or use #ImmortalFanfic and I'll love you forever.]