eight

"Be happy in this moment. This moment is your life."-O.K

Song for this chapter: Bad For Me by Megan & Liz

.

.

"Harry?" I stood up and faced him. "What are you doing here?" I asked harshly. "I leave you and you've already moved onto the next guy!" Harry exclaimed and my eyes widened in shock. "Yes, Harry. You left me. Do you expect me to sit in a corner and be quiet the whole time?" I hissed.

"I expected you to leave." He said and I laughed bitterly. "You're such a dick." I said putting my hand to my forehead. "Leave, Harry." I said and he grabbed my arm tightly. I winced at his strong grip, but he didn't seem to notice or care for that matter.

"Fine, I'll leave, but you're coming with me." He said and I felt someone grab my other hand. "Hey, let her go." Derrick said and pulled me from Harry's grip. I rubbed the now red spot where Harry had grabbed my arm.

"Fuck off." Harry said angrily to Derrick. "Why didn't you tell me the guy who invited you was Harry Styles." Derrick whispered to me and I shrugged. "I didn't think it'd matter or you'd know him." I whispered back.

"Caylah." Harry said in a warning tone. I rolled my eyes and ignored him as I sat back down on the chair. "Come on." Harry said and I shook my head. "No." I stated firmly. I could feel the anger radiating off of him. It was quite amusing, actually. 

Derrick sat down next to me again slowly. He was probably cautious of Harry's anger issues. I looked over to see that Meredith and Dylan had left their spot. They probably did as soon as Harry got here. I crossed my arms angrily and avoided Harry's gaze.

"Caylah." Harry said again, but it came out softer this time. "What?" I snapped and met his gaze. "At least come outside and we can talk." He said and for some odd reason I agreed. "Fine. I'll be right back, Derrick." I smiled apologetically and followed Harry outside.

"What do you want?" I asked once we were outside. It did feel nice to get fresh air after being trapped in that stuffy house. "I'm sorry." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Your famous words." I said sarcastically. "I am, Caylah." He said seriously.

"It doesn't even matter. We hardly know each other, right?" I told him. "No harm done." I said with a shrug. "I lost it when I saw you with him." Harry spat and I looked at him questioningly. "You know Derrick?" I asked and he laughed humorlessly.

"Oh, yes. I know Derrick." He said with disgust. "Not going to elaborate I take it?" I said and he shook his head. "That's all that needs to be said." He said turning around. "Then this is all that needs to be said between us." I said and started back into the house.

"Wait." I stopped and turned to face him. "What?" I said impatiently. "I'm sorry." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Yes, we've covered this." I turned back around. "No, I'm sorry for...kissing you then leaving." He said and I sighed.

"Like I said, no harm done." I said and walked into the house. I sat back down by Derrick and smiled at him. "All good?" He asked and I nodded. "All good." I confirmed and trailed into a conversation with him. 

"Caylah." I rolled my eyes in annoyance at his voice. "What, Harry?" I said sharply. "I said I'm sorry, but I don't want you around him." He said pointing to Derrick. "What the hell, Harry?" I said and groaned in frustration.

"Come with me." Harry demanded and I sighed in defeat. "My god. Fine. I'll go with you." I got up and grabbed my bag. "Sorry, Derrick." I apologized and he nodded. "It's fine." He stood up and hugged me. "I'll text you." He whispered so Harry wouldn't hear.